The Honolulu Museum of Art is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse, qualified workforce. The museum strives to maintain a staff that works together to maintain its mission:
To bring together great art and people to create a more harmonious, adaptable, and enjoyable society in Hawai‘i.
Museum career opportunities include positions in administration, curatorial, development, education, finance, museum services, operations, security, and other professional areas. Available positions may require a variety of levels of training, education, and experience.
The Honolulu Museum of Art only considers applications for positions that are currently available. Résumés received that do not specify an open position will not be considered, and unsolicited materials will be discarded. All materials submitted become the property of the Museum and will not be returned.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Honolulu Museum of Art.
Why work at HoMA?
Full-time and regular part-time employees are eligible for a number of benefits. Hours are prorated for regular part-time employees. Benefits listed below are subject to change at the discretion of the museum.
• Medical, dental, and vision fully covered by the museum for employee at the base plan
• Three weeks vacation accrual during first year
• Four weeks vacation accrual during second year
• Sick accrual up to a maximum of 320 hours for full-time employees
• 12 paid holidays
• Museum Café and Shop discounts ranging from 10 to 25 percent
• Free admission to HoMA campuses, including Spalding House, for employee and one guest
• Free admission to ARTafterDARK each month for employee and one guest
• Complimentary Doris Duke Theatre admission for the employee during standard film screenings and live performances
• 20 percent employee and immediate family discount for Art School classes (not including workshops)
To apply to listings below, please submit cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Honolulu Museum of Art is looking for a new director. Qualified applicants can find the full job description here. (Posted 5/13/16)
Other current open positions; click on the titles to download the descriptions:
• Cook, part-time (posted 9/12/2016)
• Projectionist, part-time (posted 9/2/16)
• Curatorial Assistant, Arts of Hawai‘i, part-time (posted 9/2/2016)
• Art School Finance Coordinator, full-time (posted 7/27/16)
• Kitchen Helper, part-time (posted 7/26/16)
• Art Instructor, part-time (posted 7/19/16)
• Café Server, part-time (posted 5/31/16)
• Facilities Assistant, full-time (posted 3/15/16)
• Maintenance Assistant, full-time (posted 7/9/15)