The Honolulu Museum of Art is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse, qualified workforce. The Museum strives to maintain a staff that works together to maintain its mission:
The museum is dedicated to the collection, preservation, interpretation, and teaching of the visual arts, and the presentation of exhibitions, films and videos, performing arts, and public programs specifically relevant to Hawai'i's ethnically diverse community.
Museum career opportunities include positions in administration, curatorial, development, education, finance, museum services, operations, security, and other professional areas. Available positions may require a variety of levels of training, education, and experience.
The Honolulu Museum of Art only considers applications for positions that are currently available. Résumés received that do not specify an open position will not be considered, and unsolicited materials will be discarded. All materials submitted become the property of the Museum and will not be returned.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Honolulu Museum of Art.
To apply to listings below, please submit cover letter, resumé, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Officer, Part-time/ Part-time On-call
As a security department team member under the supervision of the Chief of Security, this position will assist in ensuring the safety and security of the museum and visitors. Duties include monitoring the galleries, walkways, buildings, grounds, and entry/exit points. Guards are expected to respond courteously to staff and visitors while remaining alert and vigilant. Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief of Security or supervisors.
- High School diploma or GED
- CPR-AED, First Aid, currently certified preferred.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication, customer service, and public relations. Ability to interact with diverse museum staff and visitors in a courteous and helpful manner
- Able to work as a team member and to understand and follow operational policies and procedures.
- Able to react calmly and effectively to emergency situations, and to interact well with law enforcement, Fire and EMS personnel.
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- The work environment includes both inside air conditioned galleries and out of doors in open courtyards and walkways, uneven surfaces, and stairs. Ability to push, pull, lift and carry up to 50 pounds; bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, run, turn head and neck. Vision and hearing requirements: able to see up close and at a distance, and to hear full range of normal sounds in person and through a hand-held radio.
If interested, please apply in person at the main entrance of the museum between 10am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday, and ask for the Chief of Security.
Honolulu Museum of Art
900 S. Beretania St.
Honolulu, HI 96814