What is ARTafterDARK?
ARTafterDARK is the Honolulu Museum of Arts’ monthly art party organized by a dynamic group of young volunteers dedicated to exploring the arts. ARTafterDARK is held on the last Friday of the month, January through October, from 6 to 9pm on the grounds of the Honolulu Museum Art.
Is there an admission fee for ARTafterDARK events?
Admission is free for Museum members and $10 for non-members.
Upon arriving at the front gate of the Museum, you will see two separate lines. The line on the right is the Museum member line. Member’s will be required to show their membership cards to verify their current membership status.
The line on the left is for general admission. You may use cash or credit card to pay for your admission fee. We do not pre-sell admission for ARTafterDARK.
How can I join the Honolulu Museum of Art?
There are three easy ways to join the Museum:
1) Call the Membership Department at 532-8724
2) Join online with a few clicks!
3) You can also join at ARTafterDARK—sign up at the membership table located on the front lanai of the Museum. Your membership will be immediately activated and you can enter the party for free through the membership line.
How can I find out more about ARTafterDARK events?
The best place to find out about ARTafterDARK is this website, where the latest info is added as the programs are developed. Menus are posted one week prior to each event.
If you register your email address with us, you will receive the monthly event eBlasts. For any additional information, you can email your questions to email@example.com and someone will get back to you shortly.
I want to be a part of ARTafterDARK. Who do I contact?
Please contact Christina Nishihara at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in volunteering.
I am interested in sponsoring an ARTafterDARK event. Who do I contact?
ARTafterDARK is seeking sponsorships for our monthly Friday events in 2013. If you’re interested in learning more about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Jessica Welch, Interim Director of Development at (808) 532-8715.
Where can I park for the ARTafterDARK Friday events?
1) FREE: Street parking on Beretania and Kinau Street from 6 p.m.
2) $4: The Pro Park Parking Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School, entrances on Beretania and Young streets Payment is to be made at the yellow slot box next to the parking booth.
3) $5 at the First United Methodist Church Parking Lot on the corner of Beretania and Victoria streets. NOTE: lot closes promptly at 10 p.m.
4) $5 at Kim Chee III Parking Lot on Young Street
Yeah, we’ve got a few rules too:
• No large bags are allowed into the museum due to security reasons. If security deems your bag too large, they will require you to house your bag in a locker while at the event. Leave the duffels at home!
• ARTafterDARK’s maximum capacity is 2,000 guests. As the party approaches this volume, entry at the doors will be slowed if not shut off all together. We will let more guests in as other guests leave. Moral of the story—get here early!