July 19, 2016
December 31, 2016
Tripple Ripple is a skateable sculpture was designed by Chad Hiyakumoto, owner of APB Skateshop and skate park design consultant; constructed by volunteers and museum staff; and painted by artist Mark "Yoshi" Yoshizumi.
The sculpture was inspired by Nandi Head, an iconic piece in the museum’s permanent collection.
Please enjoy this work with your eyes, hands, and feet. All skaters are welcome to share, smile, and shred!
Click here for directions to Spalding House.
Skateboarding rules + info (note: updated hours Oct - Dec)
• Access included in regular admission, free for museum members
A single, one-day admission to Spalding House is $10.
Want to become a member? Join online, sign up in person at any museum location, or call 808-532-8724, Monday through Friday, 10am-4:30pm.
If you are 17 or under, admission is free.
• All skaters must submit a signed waiver of liability
Download the form here. Submit by mail to the listed address or in person at the Spalding House front desk. Forms also available at Spalding House.
• Skate at your own risk
• Skateboarding hours: Saturday + Sunday, 2–3:30pm
• Children under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
• Keep the Surface Gallery clean