December 21, 2014 11:00am-05:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
We celebrate the holidays with Filipino cultural traditions!
Special thanks: Filipino Association of University Women.
Note: Activities end at 3pm
• Hear the Philippines' musical heritage in the sounds of youth orchestra Banda Kawayan, playing on bamboo instruments like the kalatok, angklung, kiskis, tongatong, and marimba.
• The Oahu Civic Orchestra play classical, pop, and contemporary offerings of holiday tunes.
• The Tekniqlingz Dance Crew performs the tinikling dance—in traditional and hip hop versions.
• Join our favorite gospel group, Essence of Heaven Faith & Praise, and feel the holy holiday spirit.
• Noche Buena! Enjoy an elegant feast table complete with floral arrangements and festive decor using traditional Filipino patterns.
• Practice the traditional Filipino holiday greeting and gift exchange, Mano po Ninang/Ninong.
• Weave and fold traditional Filipino colors to create your own Filipino themed gift bag, just in time for Pasko!
• Craft a festive paról star out of colorful tissue paper. Take it home and hang it up to celebrate the holiday season!
FAMILY DAY AT SPALDING HOUSE
Take the free shuttle from Honolulu Museum of Art for more activities and entertainment at our new Family Day at Spalding House in Makiki Heights.
For kids (ages 1-17):
The museum gives contestants a theme and drawing supplies.
The winner receives a Supporting Membership to the Honolulu Museum of Art ($100 value), and his or her artwork is used to create the following month’s event brochure and is posted on the museum's website.