Nightmare on Beretania Street
October 31, 2014 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
A nod to classic horror films. Dress in your terrifying best! Presented by T Galleria Hawaii by DFS.
• Try to escape the haunted maze by Nightmares Live. Warning: Your futile screams will echo throughout the entire museum.
• Monster mash to beats by the 80s-style goth on the turntables, DJ Slant.
• Get your make-up done or touched up by the T Galleria Makeup Artists.
• Make sure to visit the T Galleria by DFS Step'n'repeat and pose for a photo in your awesome costumes.
• Costume contest! We will be selecting contestants for an on site costume contest.** The contestants with the most applause win! We are looking for scariest, most creative, funniest, and best duo/couple. Prizes will be provided by T Galleria by DFS.
• Dance to the etrancing house sounds of Partius Monsterius.
• No Costume? Come and get your face painted by Pizzazz. Watch these ladies create a masterpiece with just airbrush techniques.
• Kabocha pumpkin ravioli with browned butter, candied walnuts, dried cranberries
and fried sage leaves
• Blood-soaked black cat mussels: mussels in a rich blood-red sauce with a crusty baguette
• Pork ‘n’ peas with monster mash: pork guisantes and garlic mashed potatoes
• Vlad the Impaler: Ocean vodka with a float of a blood-red droplet (well, it’s actually cherry syrup and Pama pomegranate-flavored liqueur)
**The following items will not be allowed on site:
1. Weapons (real or toys) including but not limited to guns, swords, bows and arrows , staffs, clubs, axes, etc.
2. Costume accessories larger than 15 inches including but not limited to wings, canes, tools, umbrellas, etc. These items should be left at home or in the patrons' vehicles. We do have limited space behind the front desk for those who need to check in items.
ARTafterDARKers can park in the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kinau Street from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), entrances on Beretania and Young streets.
$5 for up to five hours, $2 for each additional 30 minutes or fraction thereof.
NOTE: lot closes promptly at 11pm.