September 25, 2015 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
Seoul is leaving Silicon Valley in the dust, Hongdae is the new neighborhood of youth cool, and South Korea is viewed as one of the world’s most dynamic design centers. ARTafterDARK takes its cue from this visionary culture.
Presented by The Korea Foundation.
• See Splendor and Serenity: Korean Ceramics from the Honolulu Museum of Art
• Watch a dynamic ceramic demo by visiting artist Lee Kang Hyo.
• Have fun with a ?Art activity in the gallery
• Keep cool with hand fans that you can customize with a Dancheong design.
• Groove to the latest Korean dance and pop sounds of DJ Modular
• See dance and drum performances by Halla Huhm Dance Studio
• Make like a K-drama star in the photo booth by Studio X
September is Splendid Korea month
Throughout September, the museum celebrates Korean arts and culture through special events; see the full schedule.
FOOD and DRINK
Cocktail of the night: Maeun margarita—a sween 'n' spicy mix of fresh watermelon juice, Hawaiian chili peppah and Tequila Cazadora Silver
• Korean stuffed chicken topped with bean sprouts, shredded carrots, and leeks; served with kimchi steamed rice
• Garlic ginger herb marinated kalbi served with seaweed-infused rice, topped with scallions and leeks
• Steamed red snapper served in buckwheat noodle in kimchi sauce and served with watercress, green onions, and leeks
• Korean tacos filled with smoked brisket meat marinated in smoked apple puree ginger herb reduction, served with cabbage slaw, topped with ginger, garlic, lemon, herbs, tomato, and onion
• Honeydew coconut ice cream served with shredded coconut and freshly cut kiwi
• Green tea ice cream with condensed milk, sliced almonds, and fresh mint
You can store your chariot at the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kina‘u streets from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), enter from Beretania or Young street
NOTE: Lot closes promptly at 11pm