Art in a Time of Chaos
June 24, 2016 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
In Art in a Time of Chaos, you can see how struggle and disarray in China resulted in amazing works of art. Then experience a night of Chinese culture.
ART + ENTERTAINMENT
• See the history-changing archeological finds from China in the exhibition Art in a Time of Chaos, where you can also take part in a mind-expanding ?Art activity.
• DJ Jem spins Chinese electro beats.
• Gee Yung Chinese Martial Arts, Hong Teck Dragon & Lion Dance Sport Association electrify with their Chinese lion and dragon dance performances.
• Experience the chaotic days of Genghis Khan when living history group Khanate of the Golden Horde give an Old-World combat demo. Pose for photos with their Mongol Empire–era props.
• Enjoy a performance of traditional dances by Phoenix Dance Chamber.
FOOD + DRINK
Chef David and Team EAT are featuring mouth-watering eats inspired by Chinese cuisine and culture.
Savory eats: Get them à la carte, or get all four for $25:
• Steamed pork and shrimp siu mai with white truffle oil, sweet soy + sesame bean sprouts, $8
• Chinese-inspired pork “slider” with pickled red onion, citrus hoisin sauce + cilantro on a taro roll, $7
• Braised beef short rib with housemade char siu glaze, crispy leeks + Big Island kabocha puree, $8
• Duck confit + Hawaiian ginger congee with toasted garlic + basil oil, $7
• Housemade carrot cake petite with five-spice cream cheese frosting, $4
• Sugar-spice bacon dipped in Waialua chocolate and sprinkled with cocoa nibs, $5
• Lychee martini
You can store your chariot at the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kina‘u streets from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), enter from Beretania or Young street
NOTE: Lot closes promptly at 11pm