Must Love Dogs
February 23, 2018 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
It's the Year of the Dog and Valentine's Day—raise the woof!
Even though dogs are human's best friend, please DO NOT bring your pets to the museum. Animals (except service animals) are not allowed inside the museum.
Museum members: Admission is free for museum members. You do not need a ticket. For a speedy entry, use your digital member card in the HoMA mobile app—or check in at the event through the members' line.
Non-members: General admission is $25. You can purchase tickets at the event, or online using the button below. Or for just $5 more you can join or renew a membership to get into ARTafterDARK for free all year.
Tickets are non-refundable.
ART + ENTERTAINMENT
• Bring an item to donate to the Hawaiian Humane Society, and get entered to win a prize! The Humane Society's wishlist can be found here. Representatives from the Humane Society will be at the event to answer questions about adoptions and all the work they do for Hawai'i's homeless pets!
• Gee Yung Martial Arts celebrates the Year of the Dog with a traditional Chinese New Year lion dance in the Kinau Courtyard.
• DJ Tittahbyte breaks it down in the Luce Courtyard—shih tzu is about to get real.
• Celebrate your "Puppy Love" in the Palm Courtyard by writing a Valentine to your favorite two- or four-legged friend!
• Simple Souls bring their acoustic melodies to ARTafterDARK to get your tails wagging!
The HoMA Shop also hosts a pup-up shop from the Public Pet. Stop by to check out:
• Adorable accessories for your four-legged friends
• Pet portraits: Bring a photo of your beloved pet (cat, dog, fish, chinchilla, whatever) and Druscilla Santiago of Adventure Fun Club will create a work of art based on your furry friend. ($10)
• Dogged by a persistent pet problem? Pet Communicator Eileen Abe—bring a photo of your pet and she will translate your pet's message! (Reminder: pets are NOT allowed inside the museum)
*Note that the Portrait Artists and Behaviorist are by appointment only—get to the shop early to sign up for a time slot!
FOOD + DRINK
• This month's specialty cocktail is the Red Lotus: New Amsterdam vodka and soho lychee liquor accent the tartness of cranberry to create an interesting play of flavors that is both intensely sweet and delicately refreshing.
You can find parking at the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kina‘u streets from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), enter from Beretania or Young street
NOTE: Lot closes promptly at 11pm