March 27, 2009 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Academy of Arts
'15 Seconds of Fame' information
The masterminds behind 15 Seconds of Fame: ARTafterDARK Advisory Board Members Cynthia Wong and Megan Hiramoto
15 Seconds of Fame is an ode to one of the most influential figures in art—Andy Warhol—and the twisted ideas of popularity and celebrity that so often influenced his work and impact our lives daily.
Special showing of the Academy's Warhols Vesuvius, Electric Chair and Race Riot in the Clare Boothe Luce Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art (Gallery 27)
7-7:30PM Zip tour with Academy docent Sandra Simms:
The tour/informational session will focus on Andy and his influence on contemporary art. Meet in the Clare Boothe Luce Gallery (gallery 27).
Feed your brain: To ensure you get your monthly art fill, Academy docents will be present in many galleries during 15 Seconds of Fame to discuss pieces in the Academy's permanent collection and answer any questions you may have.
Apple will set up a Computer Lab in Kinau Courtyard, where you can create your own Warhol-inspired, four-tile original. Check the outfit, fix the hair, and stop by our Apple Lab with your friends to capture the perfect event photo! PhotoBooth pictures taken in the Apple Lab will be emailed to you by Apple Representatives.
In honor of Andy Warhol's famous Campbell's Soup paintings, ARTafterDARK will host a canned food drive. Please bring Campbell's Tomato Soup cans and other canned foods to ARTafterDARK on March 27. Depost donations on the tables in Central Courtyard. Following the Bank of Hawaii Family Sunday event on April 12, a joint donation will be made to the Institute for Human Services (IHS) on behalf of ARTafterDARK and Bank of Hawaii Family Sunday.
IHS feeds communities in need, and 85 percent of the food the organization prepares comes from community donations such as this. We'd love your help in supporting a great cause in a shaky time!
MUSIC + ENTERTAINMENT:
Central Courtyard: Nocturnal Sound Krew will take you for a stroll down memory lane as they spin the best one-hit wonders of the 70s, 80s, 90s and now.
Banyan Courtyard: Local singer/guitarist Zachary Shimizu will be cover all your favorite alternative/soft rock songs.
FOOD + DRINK:
Food and beverages by E&O Trading Co.
Cash only; no checks or credit cards accepted!
- Italian Sausage Crostini with Anchor Steam and Guinness onion marmalade and an apple-maple-horseradish mustard reduction
- Ginger-citrus chicken, orange peel-port demi and parsley potatoes
- Panini with roasted eggplant, tomatoes, onions and ricotta tapenade spread
- Crab cake with country ham, corn and black bean vinaigrette over Nalo greens
ARTafterDARKers can park in the following locations:
1) The Diamond Head Parking Lot behind the Art Center at Linekona (FREE)
2) Street parking on Beretania Street from 6PM (FREE)
3) First United Methodist Church Parking Lot on the corner of Beretania and Victoria Street (FREE). NOTE: lot closes at 10PM
4) Kim Chee III Parking Lot off Young Street ($5 per car)
5) Academy Staff Parking Lot, Diamond Head of the Admiral Thomas Complex on Kinau Street (FREE)
Event photos by Arturo Solis of Entwine Wedding Photography
Special thanks to our 2009 Sponsors: