August 26, 2011 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Academy of Arts
'Whisky a Go Go' information
That tiny window of time between the flat-topped fifties and the long-maned sixties, when Mad Men were giving way to the simply mad.
Do the jerk to 60s covers by Go Commando! in Central Courtyard 6-9pm.
DJ Xhift spins the era in Luce Pavilion 6-9pm.
Pick up ?art forms in Central Courtyard.
Be like a rainbow—Chad Morisato will paint your body in Kinau Courtyard
Town and Downtown revive Better Homes & Garden recipes circa 1963 for a culinary blast from the past—with the restaurants' own inimitable spin, of course.
In Kinau Courtyard:
Chicken curry on white rice—sprinkle on peanuts, raisins, bacon bits, coconut, mango chutney. A buffet fit for Babe Paley!
In Luce Pavilion at the small-plates bar:
Shake 'n' Bake chicken with Ruffles, cream cheese-and-chutney on Ritz crackers, Waldorf salad, Swedish meatballs with dill potatoes, steak Diane, bundt cake.
Specialty cocktail: The Cape Canaveral: Rum 'n' Tang
Only three more ARTafterDARKs left this year! It's not too late to get your Academy membership! Join now and you get into ARTafterDARK for free through 2012...and don't forget the shorter lines at the member's bar.
Thanks to this month's sponsor: Tyrie Jenkins, M.D. Eye Care
Just a reminder—ARTafterDARKers can park in the following locations:
1) FREE: The Pro Park Parking Lot behind the Art Center at Linekona, entrances on Beretania and Young streets
2) FREE: Street parking on Beretania and Kinau Street from 6 p.m.
3) FREE: Academy Staff Parking Lot at 1035 Kinau St., diamondhead of Victoria Street
4) $5 at the First United Methodist Church Parking Lot on the corner of Beretania and Victoria streets. NOTE: lot closes promptly at 10 p.m.
5) $5 at Kim Chee III Parking Lot on Young Street