October 25, 2013 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
'Ghost Story' information
The haunting season is upon us—wear your creativity for the last ARTafterDARK of 2013!
Let master storyteller Lopaka Kapanui scare your pants off with tales inspired by works in the Arts of Hawai‘i Gallery. Beware the night marchers.
Mash to the beats of DJ Davey Shindig and live music throughout the night by electro pop group Alt/Air.
Commemorate the night at Kai-Photo's open air photo booth.
Lucky Brand Instagram contest: Post a photo during the event on Instagram. Entries must hashtag #LuckyinARTafterDARK and tag @honolulumuseum and @officialluckybrand to enter to win a Styling Session at your local Honolulu Lucky Brand store ($350 value). View the official contest rules.
See artist Andrea Charuk put her creative spin on two Lucky Brand jackets—and enter to win a jacket and a denim gift card.
See contemporary Hawai‘i art in Artists of Hawaiʻi 2013 and Ponoiwi: An Installation by Kapulani Landgraf and explore what came before it in the newly reinstalled John Dominis and Patches Damon Holt Gallery of the Arts of Hawai‘i.
FOOD + DRINK
Feast on ghoulish bites prepared by The Grove including, pumpkin ravioli and herb crusted pork loin, then take a sip of the specialty "Get Lucky" cocktail.
The following items will NOT be allowed on the premises:
• Weapons (real or toy), including but not limited to guns, swords, bows and arrows, staffs, clubs, and axes.
• Costume accessories longer than 15 inches including but limited to wings, canes, tools, umbrellas, spears, antennae.
POST-ART AFTER DARK
Hallowbaloo Kick Off Concert: John Cruz Electric Soul, 9pm, Doris Duke Theatre.
Just a reminder—ARTafterDARKers can park in the following locations:
1) FREE: Street parking on Beretania and Kinau Street from 6pm
2) $5: Up to five hours, $2 for each additional 30 minutes or fraction thereof. The lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), entrances on Beretania and Young streets. NOTE: lot closes promptly at 11pm.
3) $5 at the First United Methodist Church Parking Lot on the corner of Beretania and Victoria streets. NOTE: lot closes promptly at 10pm