February 27, 2015 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
Love and dessert! Sponsored by Domestic Violence Action Center
• Enjoy the exuberant mix by DJ Jem.
• Be one of the first people to experience Andy Graydon's sound installation Fig. 1 (these things we know), opening at ARTafterDARK.
• Describe what "Love is" to you on a blackboard wall mural.
• Be a part of a participatory art activity by adding a ribbon of hope and inspiration to a giant heart.
• Join HeartArt by capturing a heart image and posting it with #HeartArtDVAC.
• In this month's "? Art" activity, visit the impressionism gallery to describe a sweet childhood memory and the 16th-century European gallery to send a sweet message to a loved one.
• Guests with purchases of $25 or more in the gift shop will be entered to win the book Doris Duke's Shangri La: A House in Paradise.
FOOD + DRINK
• Braised beef shortrib with Oʻahu tomato chutney, parsnip puree + Hāmākua cocoa nibs
• Stracciatella “slider”: Handmade pulled mozzarella, marinated fresh Hau’ula tomato, local arugula + prosciutto "crisp”
• Quinoa “hash” with Big Island mushrooms + local sweet Thai basil
• Citrus marinated langoustine with Hawaiian hearts of palm + Kula baby romaine
• Gorgonzola panna cotta with Hawaiian honey syrup + blueberry compote
• Mānoa Chocolate Co. dipped sugar spice bacon
ARTafterDARKers can park in the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kinau Street from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), entrances on Beretania and Young streets.
$5 for up to five hours, $2 for each additional 30 minutes or fraction thereof.
NOTE: lot closes promptly at 11pm.