March 27, 2015 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
Welcome to springtime in India! Dig the bhangra beat. Sponsored by Nordstrom.
• Watch and learn a fun Bollywood dance by Aaja Nalche.
• Dance the night away to the funk fusion sound of Quadraphonix.
• Vibe out to DJ Mr. Nick's Hindi beats.
• Get a free henna tattoo.
• Add to your outfit by purchasing bindis and other Hindi accessories as you enter the museum.
• Visit our gift shop for a chakra reading.
• Visit the Indian Gallery where you can honor Sarasvati, the goddess of wisdom and the arts.
• Join in on a collective mural art project.
FOOD + DRINK
• Indian tandoori chicken served with freshly made flat bread and yogurt sauce
• Indian lamb curry served with yellow saffron rice
• Chana masala (garbanzo beans with whole spices and herbs) served with yellow saffron rice
• Kachori (vegetarian cheese balls) served on a bed of spring mix and yogurt sauce
• Shrimp pakora (shrimp coated in a fresh herb batter deep fried) served with fresh veggies and spicy sauce.
• Mango lassi (sweetened or salted)
• Coconut pudding topped with coconut sorbet and sliced almonds
• Bombay East: lemongrass and pepper infused gin as a martini or call drink
• Kona Brewing Company Castaway IPA: India Pale Ale
ARTafterDARKers can park in the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kinau Street from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), entrances on Beretania and Young streets.
$5 for up to five hours, $2 for each additional 30 minutes or fraction thereof.
NOTE: lot closes promptly at 11pm.