July 29, 2016 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
'Soul de Cuba' information
NEW THIS MONTH: MOBILE CHECK-IN
Get the HoMA App for a speedy check-in!
Are you a museum member? You can now check in at ARTafterDARK using your digital membership card.
Search “Honolulu Museum of Art” in the Apple App Store or Google Play to find and download our new app.
On the app, go to “My account” to log in and view your membership card. Get this scanned at the members' line for a quick entry to the event.
You can also find your card by going to honolulumuseum.org on your mobile device’s web browser. Once there, follow the instructions above to locate your account and card. For more information, visit our Membership FAQs page.
SOUL DE CUBA
Haven't booked your ticket to Habana yet? HoMA gives you a taste of that Cuban sabor. Presented by First Insurance Company of Hawaii.
FIRST INSURANCE COMPANY OF HAWAII CONTEST
Become a museum member at the Supporting level or higher for a chance to win a gift basket including a $100 76 Gas gift card, $100 gift card to Jamba Juice, baggallini bag, 40 oz. flask, and other goodies from First Insurance Company of Hawaii (FICOH).
Contest rules: Join or renew your Honolulu Museum of Art membership at the Supporting ($100) level or higher and you will automatically be entered into a drawing to win a FICOH gift basket (includes a $100 76 Gas gift card, a $100 Jamba Juice gift card, and other gifts). Existing Basic ($25) level members may enter the contest by upgrading your membership to the Supporting level or higher. By enrolling as a member, you agree to share your email address with our sponsor, First Insurance Company of Hawaii. Contest starts July 25, 2016, and ends at ARTafterDARK on July 29, 2016, at 9pm. Winner will be announced on Friday, August 5, 2016, by phone or email.
Not a member? Join today.
ART + ENTERTAINMENT
• Dance to the Latin beats of Rolando Sanchez and Salsa Hawaii.
• Watch caliente salsa moves from the Linda Melodia Dance Company and learn to cut a rug yourself!
• Enjoy a flurry of flamenco tunes by guitarist Thi Van Nguyen.
• Listen to tropical Latin and Afrobeat jams spun by DJ Roman Candles.
SNAPCHAT DOODLE CONTEST
You can doodle your way to two tickets to August Moon. Here's how:
• Add honolulumuseum on Snapchat
• Snap any work in our collection
• Draw a space-themed doodle on it
• Send your doodle to us on Snapchat no later than July 31.
The doodler who doodles our favorite doodle will find themselves and a friend sipping on wine and tasting plates from O'ahu's top chefs at August Moon August 5 (the cost of two tickets: $290). Winner will be announced August 1. Happy snapping!
FOOD + DRINK
Food provided by StreetGrindz and EAT Honolulu. Beverages provided by Free Spirits Mobile Bartenders.
• Chicken empanadas with avocado mousse + mint salsa $6
• Frita cubana “slider” with braised short rib, O‘ahu cilantro, crispy potatoes + ”special sauce” on locally made ciabatta $8
• Island fish “escabeche” topped with marinated fennel, Maui onion, O‘ahu green bell peppers, olives, capers + crostini $8
• Cuban style pork adobo with red rice + island herb sofrito $7
• $25 for all four savory options
• Caramelized banana tart with Hawaiian cinnamon + honey $4
• Signature style sugar spice bacon dipped in award-winning Waialua chocolate + sprinkle of cocoa nibs $5
• Pineapple caipirinha
You can find parking at the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kina‘u streets from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), enter from Beretania or Young street
NOTE: Lot closes promptly at 11pm