September 30, 2016 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
'Hawai‘i in Design' information
See the exhibition, live the style.
Presented by Surfjack Hotel & Swim Club, “Waikīkī’s Hip New Place to Stay” according to the New York Times. Boasting a vintage 1960s, hyper-local ethos, Surfjack celebrates the music, art, and diversity of Honolulu’s creative community.
Become a museum member at the Supporting level or higher for a chance to win a two-night stay in a bungalow at the Surfjack Hotel and Swim Club!
Contest rules: Join or renew your Honolulu Museum of Art membership at the Supporting ($100) level or higher and you will automatically be entered into a drawing to win a stay at the Surfjack Hotel and Swim Club (includes a two-night stay in a one-room bungalow). Existing Basic ($25) level members may enter the contest by upgrading membership to the Supporting level or higher. By enrolling as a member, you agree to share your email address with our sponsor, the Surfjack. Contest starts September 26, 2016, and ends at ARTafterDARK on September 30, 2016, at 9pm. Winner will be announced on Friday, October 7, 2016, by phone or email.
ART + ENTERTAINMENT
• Visit the Hawai'i in Design show, where you can learn how artists make sense of Hawai‘i as a place where natural and urban elements, local, and global aesthetics intersect.
• Jetset around the museum with a Surfjack passport. See all of the suggested sights and you'll be be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a two-night stay at Surfjack’s penthouse and a $50 dining credit from Mahina & Sun’s.
• Dance to tracks blending the old and new from DJ Godiva.
• Watch artist Chanel Tanaka paint on a unique surface: the human body.
• See cutting-edge styles at a fashion show presented by designer Kini Zamora.
• DJ Betty spins in Central Courtyard.
FOOD + DRINK
• Seared ‘ahi pālaha (white tuna) on wild rice - $10
• Portuguese bean soup with watercress - $10
• Butterscotch banana pudding - $8
• Chocolate chip cookies - $3
• Hibiscus margarita
You can find parking at the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kina‘u streets from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), enter from Beretania or Young street
NOTE: Lot closes promptly at 11pm