October 28, 2016 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
Bring your Boo, your fiendish family, and your creepy crew to the Honolulu Museum of Art's most eerie event. Spines will tingle, flesh will crawl, and apparitions will appear! It'll be a graveyard smash!
Presented by iichiko.
Note: Costumes are encouraged, but be advised that the following will not be allowed on site:
• Weapons (real or toys) including but not limited to guns, swords, bows and arrows, staffs, clubs, axes, etc.
• Costume accessories larger than 15 inches, including but not limited to wings, canes, tools, umbrellas, etc. These items should be left at home or in the patrons' vehicles. We do have limited space behind the front desk for those who need to check in items.
• Masks are not permitted.
• Clown costumes are not permitted.
ARTS + ENTERTAINMENT
• See a ghoulishly glamourous performance by a mystery guest!
• Capture your creepy couture with TimeStoppers' 180-degree photo booth.
• Get your bones rattling with DJ Takai in the Central Courtyard!
• Feast your eyes to a 3D projection from VJ Vizual Cortex and treat your tastebuds to a drink from an exclusive iichiko bar.
• Shake your tail feathers to beats by DJ Vaughn in Luce Pavilion.
• Online art database and blog Sartle is taking over the museum's Instagram and Twitter accounts. The first 20 guests who find the Sartle contributors responsible for the take over and say the secret password will score some seriously sweet Sartle swag. The password will be revealed on the museum's Instagram feed shortly before 6pm that evening.
INSTAGRAM COSTUME CONTEST
Come in costume and you could score a spook-tacular gift!
Step 1: Take a photo of yourself in costume at ARTafterDARK: Boo! with Instagram.
Step 2: In the caption field, tell us what or who you’re dressed up as. You must include the hashtags #iichiko and #ARTafterDARK, and tag @iichiko_shochu and @honolulumuseum.
• One entry per person
• Entries must be submitted during the ARTafterDARK event, posted between 6 and 9pm on October 29, 2016.
• Entrants must be at least 21 years of age.
• Winner of the grand prize will be announced on the Honolulu Museum of Art's Instagram on November 2, 2016.
• All photos submitted will become property of iichiko and the Honolulu Museum of Art for usage in products or content.
Become a museum member for a chance to win an iichiko Bar Bundle! The bundle includes:
• Six bottles of iichiko BLU
• 12 bottles of iichiko BAR Yuzu
• 12 bottles of iichiko BAR Ume
Contest rules: Join or renew your Honolulu Museum of Art membership (any level) and you will automatically be entered into a drawing to win an iichiko Bar Bundle (includes bottles of iichiko BLU, BAR Yuzu, and BAR Ume). By enrolling as a member, you agree to share your email address with our sponsor, iichiko. Contest starts October 24, 2016, and ends at ARTafterDARK on October 28, 2016, at 9pm. Winner will be announced on Friday, November 4, 2016, by phone or email.
FOOD + DRINK
• Turkey, mushroom + quinoa-stuffed zucchini with “blood red” tomato sauce - $7
• Braised short rib slider with “booberry” BBQ sauce, O‘ahu cilantro on locally made ciabatta - $8
• Harvest pork + pumpkin stew (vegetarian) with black-as-night rice - $8
$20.00 for all SAVORY eats
Scary-good sweet trEATs
• Autumn apple crisp with Big Island cinnamon glaze - $4
• Signature style sugar spice bacon dipped in award-winning Waialua chocolate, sprinkle of cocoa nibs - $5
Hokusai's Great Wave: Inspired by Japan's tallest and most sacred mountain, Mt. Fuji, this cocktail combines the light, clean, and smooth shochu-like flavor of iichiko Blu and the tart, crisp flavor of fresh cold-pressed Fuji apple juice—plus a squeeze of lemon.
Get the HoMA App for a speedy check-in!
Are you a museum member? You can now check in at ARTafterDARK using your digital membership card.
Search “Honolulu Museum of Art” in the Apple App Store or Google Play to find and download our new app.
On the app, go to “My account” to log in and view your membership card. Get this scanned at the members' line for a quick entry to the event.
You can also find your card by going to honolulumuseum.org on your mobile device’s web browser. Once there, follow the instructions above to locate your account and card. For more information, visit our Membership FAQs page.
You can find parking at the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kina‘u streets from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), enter from Beretania or Young street
NOTE: Lot closes promptly at 11pm