March 30, 2018 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
See the exhibition Abstruction: The Sculpture of Erick Swenson, then delve more deeply into the meaning of art.
Presented by NORDSTROM.
Museum members: Admission is free for museum members. You do not need a ticket. For a speedy entry, use your digital member card in the HoMA mobile app—or check in at the event through the members' line.
Non-members: General admission is $25. You can purchase tickets at the event, or online using the button below. Or for just $5 more you can join or renew a membership to get into ARTafterDARK for free all year.
Tickets are non-refundable.
NORDSTROM BEAUTY TREND WEEK COCKTAIL HOUR
Want VIP access to the Nordstrom Beauty Trend Week Cocktail Hour, held Friday, May 4? Solve the following riddle and present the solution to the Nordstrom table at the front of the museum—the first twelve (12) guests to present the correct answer receive a pass to the most fashionable party in town! Nordstrom Ala Moana is one of only nine stores hosting this exclusive beauty event.
I Am What I Isn't
It's found in Abstruction,
So what can it be?
ART + ENTERTAINMENT
• Abstruction: The Sculpture of Erick Swenson makes its ARTafterDARK debut with free admission (normally $10).
• The first (250) guests to enter can enjoy a rock candy treat (we imagine the ensuing sugar rush looks like I Am What I Isn't).
• DJ Davey Shindig brings his unique sound to Luce Courtyard.
• Get a shimmery, skull-like makeover from Jonathan Frietas, inspired by works in Abstruction.
• Garage-pop band The Bougies rock in the Kinau Courtyard starting at 7:30pm.
• Consider Erick Swenson's creative process in the Constructing Abstruction activity, located in Gallery 28. One winner will receive an exhibition catalog!
FOOD + DRINK
• This month's specialty cocktail is the Hibiscus Margarita.
A reminder that although ARTafterDARK doesn't have an age restriction, the event is loud, crowded, and there is no specific programming for children. Children should be supervised at all times.
You can find parking at the following locations:
• Street parking on Beretania and Kina‘u streets from 6pm. FREE
• Lot behind the Honolulu Museum of Art School (1111 Victoria St.), enter from Beretania or Young street
NOTE: Lot closes promptly at 11pm