April 29, 2011 06:00pm-09:00pm
Honolulu Academy of Arts
'...And It Don't Stop!' information
ARTafterDARK is the Honolulu Academy of Arts' monthly art party organized by a dynamic group of young volunteers dedicated to exploring the arts. This month's chair is Aaron Yoshino.
Wave yah hands in the ay-ah like you just don't cay-ah—we showcase DJing, MCing, B-boying and graffiti writing AAD style.
Talk to You Music, 6-9pm, Central Courtyard
Kavet the Catalyst, 6-9pm, Luce Pavilion
Boogie Down Productions performance, 7:30pm, Central Courtyard
DJs Slant + Kevin, 6-9pm, Banyan Courtyard
B-boy performances throughout the night, Luce Pavilion
MC freestylin' throughout the night, Banyan Courtyard
We bring hip hop into the galleries with our ?art activities. Get your flier at the front door after you enter.
Last chance to see the Vogel Collection at AAD! Take a docent-led zip tour at 7pm and 7:30pm. Meet the docent inside gallery 28.
Don't miss our second Orvis artist-in-residence Megan Bent. See her project, Sun Maps of the Phenomenal, which has had Academy visitors "drawing" with flashlights. She photographs the luminous results. Kinau Courtyard
By Town and Downtown head south with:
At Luce Pavilion small-plates bar:
• Hush puppies + fried Mohala okra with spicy remoulade
• Blackened local vegetables + cheddar grits
• Kolea collard greens with smoked ham hock and chili pepper water
• Barbecue pulled pork on a roll with cabbage and pickles
• Buttermilk biscuit with Kula strawberries and tarragon whipped cream
At Kinau Courtyard plate-lunch bar:
• Chicken and andouille gumbo with cornbread plate
Just a reminder—ARTafterDARKers can park in the following locations:
1) FREE: The Pro Park Parking Lot behind the Art Center at Linekona, entrances on Beretania and Young streets
2) FREE: Street parking on Beretania Street from 6 p.m.
3) FREE: First United Methodist Church Parking Lot on the corner of Beretania and Victoria streets. NOTE: lot closes promptly at 10 p.m.
4) FREE: Academy Staff Parking Lot at 1035 Kinau St., diamondhead of Victoria Street
5) $5 at Kim Chee III Parking Lot on Young Street