October 19, 2014 11:00am-05:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
Bank of Hawaii Family Sunday event information
*As a precautionary measure in advance of Tropical Storm Ana, this event has been cancelled. As of 10/16/14, museum is expected to remain open with free admission on Sunday, 10/19/14, weather permitting.*
Kids can give their Halloween costumes a test run, make Jack-O-Lanterns from air-dry clay, and build a catapult for mini punkin chunkin. Boo!
Note: Activities end at 3pm
• Have some high-flying Halloween fun—kids can design, test, and fire their own small-scale catapults for punkin chunkin across the museum courtyards. Who's gonna chunk a punkin the farthest?
• Experts from the Hawaii Potters Guild guide visitors in crafting clay pumpkins.
• Watch a fun-filled dance performance by The Movement Center.
• Join our favorite gospel group, Essence of Heaven Faith & Praise, and feel the holy holiday spirit.
• Hear the young rockers of Chaotic Five play a set of classic rock songs.
• Get down to earth with Uncle Wayne & the Howling Dog Band's catchy, heartfelt music.
FAMILY FILM SUNDAY
$ 3 adults | $1 children (13 + under)
75 mins. For ages 7 +
11:10am + 1pm
See the best online cat videos of the year—fun for the whole the family!
FAMILY DAY AT SPALDING HOUSE
Take the free shuttle from Honolulu Museum of Art for more activities and entertainment at our new Family Day at Spalding House in Makiki Heights.
For kids (ages 1-17):
The museum gives contestants a theme and drawing supplies.
The winner receives a Supporting Membership to the Honolulu Museum of Art ($100 value), and his or her artwork is used to create the following month’s event brochure and is posted on the museum's website.
Congratulations to this month's winner:
Sequoia Rusk, 11, Honolulu: