September 18, 2016 11:00am-05:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
Bank of Hawaii Family Sunday event information
Robots invade the museum!
• See a real robot: Head to Central Courtyard to see robot displays with Kalani High School Robotics Team from 11am to 3pm. Kids can use a small claw bot to move objects around.
• Fun with littleBits: Head downstairs to the Education Lecture Hall to play, explore, and create with littleBits! littleBits are easy to use, color-coded electronic building blocks perfect for little hands to put together and create instant circuits that make their imaginative inventions light up, move, and make sounds! Ignite your little artist's imagination and create a littleBits mini-bot and compose funky, colorful art with a cool littleBits ArtBot, too!
• Robo-art: Kids can create a robot mask using different colored foam, pipe cleaners, and LED lights. They can even make theirs glow in the dark!
• Gliding bots craft: Use paper to create a bot, hang it up, and make it glide up and down on pieces of string. Designs can be one of a kind or based on famous robots like R2-D2.
• Drawing contest: Kids under 17 are encouraged to enter! The museum gives contestants a theme and drawing supplies. The winner receives a Supporting Membership to the Honolulu Museum of Art ($100 value), and his or her artwork is used to create the following month’s event brochure and is posted on the museum's website.
FAMILY FILM SUNDAY
The Iron Giant
Directed by Brad Bird. 1999. USA. 87 min.
11:10am + 1pm | Free
DOUBLE THE FUN
Take a shuttle bus to the museum’s free Family Day at Spalding House in Makiki Heights for more art and fun.
DRAWING CONTEST WINNER
Congratulations to Mallory Watanabe, age 8, from Honolulu: