October 16, 2016 11:00am-05:00pm
Honolulu Museum of Art
Bank of Hawaii Family Sunday event information
Encourage kids to wear their Halloween costumes!
• Make a creepy headband: Kids will use felt and pipe cleaners to construct a bug-themed headband.
• Drawing contest: Kids under 17 are encouraged to enter! The museum gives contestants a theme and drawing supplies. The winner receives a Supporting Membership to the Honolulu Museum of Art ($100 value), and his or her artwork is used to create the following month’s event brochure and is posted on the museum's website.
• Enjoy singing, dancing, and storytelling with Uncle Wayne and the Howling Dog Band from 11:30am to 2:30pm in Central Courtyard.
• Balloon Monsoon will twist balloons into different animals in Mediterranean Courtyard from 11am to 2pm.
• Head down to the Education Lecture Hall and strike a pose in your costume for Photo Ops Hawaii, 11:30am-2:30pm.
• Stop by Luce Pavilion and meet the Bishop Museum’s Educational Outreach team. They will be sharing specimens of creepy crawlers and have a build-a-bug activity for kids to learn about the anatomy of a bug.
FAMILY FILM SUNDAY
New York International Children’s Film Festival Best of the Fest
11:10am + 1pm | Free
DOUBLE THE FUN
Take a shuttle bus to the museum’s free Family Day at Spalding House in Makiki Heights for more art and fun.
DRAWING CONTEST WINNER
Congratulations to this month's winner: Ryuga Masuda, age 8, from Honolulu