Sunday Feb 26 01:00 PM
Sunday Feb 26 04:00 PM
Sunday Feb 26 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Director: Gordon Parks Jr.
USA, 1973, 93 mins.
Stylish, successful cocaine dealer Priest (Ron O’Neal) drives a fancy car, commands a small army of street salesmen, and lives a life of luxury. He is also smart enough to know that there’s no real future in dealing drugs, and decides to make his biggest deal yet, convert the coke to cash and start over. Unfortunately, Priest finds leaving behind his life of crime harder than he imagined. A massive box-office hit, Superfly was one of the key films of the early ’70s nascent blaxploitation movement and features a legendary soundtrack written and produced by Curtis Mayfield.
Katrina’s Son (short)
Director: Ya’Ke Smith
USA, 2010, 15 mins.
When a young boy loses his grandmother during Hurricane Katrina, he travels to San Antonio in search of the mother who abandoned him years earlier.
- MIND/GAME: The Unquiet Journ…
- Christmas Wedding Baby
- America Is Still the Place
- How Sweet the Sound: The Bli…
- Jimmy Goes to Nollywood
- BaddDDD Sonia Sanchez
- Romeo Is Bleeding
- The Art of Ama Ata Aidoo
- Black Panthers: Vanguard of …
- The Amazing Nina Simone
- Holding Fast the Dream: Hawa…
- Akounak Tedalat Taha Tazough…
- Taking Israel
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Once in a Lifetime • Les Héritiers
- Labyrinth of Lies
- Above and Beyond
- Sabena Hijacking – My Version
- Family Film Sunday: Belle an…