Sunday Feb 26 01:00 PM
Sunday Feb 26 04:00 PM
Sunday Feb 26 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Director: Gordon Parks Jr.
USA, 1973, 93 mins.
Stylish, successful cocaine dealer Priest (Ron O’Neal) drives a fancy car, commands a small army of street salesmen, and lives a life of luxury. He is also smart enough to know that there’s no real future in dealing drugs, and decides to make his biggest deal yet, convert the coke to cash and start over. Unfortunately, Priest finds leaving behind his life of crime harder than he imagined. A massive box-office hit, Superfly was one of the key films of the early ’70s nascent blaxploitation movement and features a legendary soundtrack written and produced by Curtis Mayfield.
Katrina’s Son (short)
Director: Ya’Ke Smith
USA, 2010, 15 mins.
When a young boy loses his grandmother during Hurricane Katrina, he travels to San Antonio in search of the mother who abandoned him years earlier.
- Ang Nawawala | What Isn't There
- Remington and the Curse of t…
- Ballet in Cinema: Alice's Ad…
- Sta. Niña
- The Bladed Hand: The Global …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival
- Opera in Cinema: Tosca, Roya…
- Go Grandriders
- One Track Heart: The Story o…
- Maori Boy Genius + Koro's Medal
- Family Film Sunday: Short and Sweet
- Song of the Kauri + Whakatiki
- Fresh Meat + Two Cars, One Night
- The Rain of the Children + T…
- Samurai Rebellion
- The Hidden Fortress
- Sword of Doom
- Seven Samurai
- Ballet in Cinema: An Evening…
- Miss Vamp Hawaii: The Realit…