Sunday Feb 26 01:00 PM
Sunday Feb 26 04:00 PM
Sunday Feb 26 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Director: Gordon Parks Jr.
USA, 1973, 93 mins.
Stylish, successful cocaine dealer Priest (Ron O’Neal) drives a fancy car, commands a small army of street salesmen, and lives a life of luxury. He is also smart enough to know that there’s no real future in dealing drugs, and decides to make his biggest deal yet, convert the coke to cash and start over. Unfortunately, Priest finds leaving behind his life of crime harder than he imagined. A massive box-office hit, Superfly was one of the key films of the early ’70s nascent blaxploitation movement and features a legendary soundtrack written and produced by Curtis Mayfield.
Katrina’s Son (short)
Director: Ya’Ke Smith
USA, 2010, 15 mins.
When a young boy loses his grandmother during Hurricane Katrina, he travels to San Antonio in search of the mother who abandoned him years earlier.
- Grace Jones: Bloodlight and Bami
- Family Film Sunday: Lu Over …
- The Martian
- Happening: A Clean Energy Re…
- Chronicle of Anna Magdalena Bach
- Momentum Generation
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2018
- Locals Only
- Blue Intensity + The Church …
- Her Waves
- The Endless Winter II; Surfi…
- Perilous Sea + The Seawolf
- Blue Road + Surfing the Sout…
- She is the Ocean
- Adaptive Surfing films + panel
- Wave Inspirations curated by…
- HI Sk8 Films Shorts Showcase 2018
- Family Film Sunday: Given
- Emocean + Cuban Wave Riders
- Big Wata (The Ocean)
- Surf Profiles
- The Essence