Sunday Feb 26 01:00 PM
Sunday Feb 26 04:00 PM
Sunday Feb 26 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Director: Gordon Parks Jr.
USA, 1973, 93 mins.
Stylish, successful cocaine dealer Priest (Ron O’Neal) drives a fancy car, commands a small army of street salesmen, and lives a life of luxury. He is also smart enough to know that there’s no real future in dealing drugs, and decides to make his biggest deal yet, convert the coke to cash and start over. Unfortunately, Priest finds leaving behind his life of crime harder than he imagined. A massive box-office hit, Superfly was one of the key films of the early ’70s nascent blaxploitation movement and features a legendary soundtrack written and produced by Curtis Mayfield.
Katrina’s Son (short)
Director: Ya’Ke Smith
USA, 2010, 15 mins.
When a young boy loses his grandmother during Hurricane Katrina, he travels to San Antonio in search of the mother who abandoned him years earlier.
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …
- A Cube of Sugar | Ye Habe Ghand
- Snow on the Pines | Barf Roo…
- The Orange Suit | Narenji Poush
- The Last Step | Peleh Akher
- Angel Azul
- Opera on Screen | Hansel und…
- Stage on Screen | The Maste…
- Hi Sk8 Films: A Hawai‘i Skat…
- Sold Out | Under the Blood-Red Sun
- Standing on Sacred Ground Fi…
- Bridge to the Future
- Underwater Dreams
- Moana: The Rising of the Sea
- Opera on Screen | La Fanciul…
- To Be Takei
- God Help The Girl
- The Internet Cat Video Festi…