Saturday May 05 01:00 PM
Saturday May 05 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Directed by Carlos Saura. Spain, 2010, 101 mins., Spanish with English subtitles
A painterly, masterful look at flamenco today, filmed at the Seville Expo '92 pavilion with sets featuring replicas of great flamenco portraits ranging through history from the Renaissance to the early 20th century, Saura's latest documentary features well-established figures such as Paco de Lucia and Tomatito, as well as a new generation of dancers and musicians.
MAKE IT DINNER AND A MOVIE - SOLD OUT
May 5, 6-7:30pm: Reception featuring Latin-inspired buffet dinner by EAT Catering + Café, a live flamenco performance, Spanish music by Jeff Peterson, and Spanish wine from Whole Foods for purchase.
$45, $40 museum members. Price includes dinner and film.
Tickets for this event must be purchased online in advance by noon on May 4.
*There will still be a limited number of tickets for the 7:30pm screening will be available for purchase at the door starting at 7pm; $12, $10 museum members
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival 2015
- Racing Extinction
- Speechless: A Polar Realm • …
- Shark Girl • México Pelágico
- Into the Gyre • The Plastic Age
- Our Deepest Waters • My Sal…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …