Saturday May 05 01:00 PM
Saturday May 05 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Directed by Carlos Saura. Spain, 2010, 101 mins., Spanish with English subtitles
A painterly, masterful look at flamenco today, filmed at the Seville Expo '92 pavilion with sets featuring replicas of great flamenco portraits ranging through history from the Renaissance to the early 20th century, Saura's latest documentary features well-established figures such as Paco de Lucia and Tomatito, as well as a new generation of dancers and musicians.
MAKE IT DINNER AND A MOVIE - SOLD OUT
May 5, 6-7:30pm: Reception featuring Latin-inspired buffet dinner by EAT Catering + Café, a live flamenco performance, Spanish music by Jeff Peterson, and Spanish wine from Whole Foods for purchase.
$45, $40 museum members. Price includes dinner and film.
Tickets for this event must be purchased online in advance by noon on May 4.
*There will still be a limited number of tickets for the 7:30pm screening will be available for purchase at the door starting at 7pm; $12, $10 museum members
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana
- PIC Exchange: Road to the Globe
- PIC Exchange: Nā Loea: The M…
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- Ballet on Screen: Moulin Rou…
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- The Chef's Wife • On a faill…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …