Surfing and Sharks w/ Thirty Thousand: A Surfing Odyssey from Casablanca to Cape Town
Sunday Jul 08 07:30 PM
Saturday Jul 28 01:00 PM
Tuesday Jul 31 01:00 PM
Tuesday Jul 31 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Surfing and Sharks
Directed by Julian Watson. South Africa, 2011, 52 mins. Hawai’i Premiere
Against the backdrop of South Africa’s beautiful east coast, home to one of the world’s largest concentrations of sharks, shark experts, shark-bite survivors, and ecologists delve into the myths and the misconceptions about the feared and revered animal. Official Selection: Wavescape Surf Film Festival, Capetown.
See the trailer.
-with- Thirty Thousand: A Surfing Odyssey from Casablanca to Cape Town
Directed by Richard and Andrew James. Australia, 2011, 48 mins.
Twin brothers Richard and Andrew James travelled 30,000 kilometers of Africa’s west coast to surf in Morocco, Western Sahara, Senegal, Liberia, Angola, Namibia, and South Africa. They document the waves and the cultures along the way. Winner: Best Film, Surfworld International Surf Film Festival; Audience Award, Anglet International Surf Film Festival.
See the trailer.
- Family Film Sunday: Continent Hop
- Rise and Dream
- Ang Nawawala | What Isn't There
- Remington and the Curse of t…
- Ballet in Cinema: Alice's Ad…
- Sta. Niña
- The Bladed Hand: The Global …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival
- Opera in Cinema: Tosca, Roya…
- Go Grandriders
- One Track Heart: The Story o…
- Maori Boy Genius + Koro's Medal
- Family Film Sunday: Short and Sweet
- Song of the Kauri + Whakatiki
- Fresh Meat + Two Cars, One Night
- The Rain of the Children + T…
- Samurai Rebellion
- The Hidden Fortress
- Sword of Doom
- Seven Samurai
- Ballet in Cinema: An Evening…
- Miss Vamp Hawaii: The Realit…