Last Paradise w/ Lunchbreak + So It Goes
Tuesday Jul 24 01:00 PM
Tuesday Jul 24 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Directed by Clive Neeson. New Zealand, 2010, 100 mins.
An audience favorite from our 2010 festival, this film follows a bunch of young daredevils in the New Zealand wilderness during the 1960s. Their 45-year quest for paradise and adrenaline is told in original footage of virgin paradises which have long since gone. Now, the same pioneering spirit provides the answer to turning it all around.
See the trailer.
-with- Lunchbreak (short)
Directed by Clare Plueckhahn & Fran Derha. Australia, 2011, 6 mins. Hawai‘i premiere
In this cheeky twist on a North Shore legend, the local ‘Wolf Pack’ paddles out the the lineup and calls “lunch break”—kicking a group of surfers out of the water. Winner: Best Short Film New York Surf Film Festival
-and- So It Goes (short)
Directed by Clare Plueckhahn & Fran Derha. Australia, 2011, 5 mins. Hawai‘i premiere
A profile of pro surfer Felicity Palmateer, a 19-year-old currently ranked no. 19 in the World Qualifying Series.
- Remington and the Curse of t…
- Ballet in Cinema: Alice's Ad…
- Sta. Niña
- The Bladed Hand: The Global …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival
- Opera in Cinema: Tosca, Roya…
- Go Grandriders
- One Track Heart: The Story o…
- Maori Boy Genius + Koro's Medal
- Family Film Sunday: Short and Sweet
- Song of the Kauri + Whakatiki
- Fresh Meat + Two Cars, One Night
- The Rain of the Children + T…
- Samurai Rebellion
- The Hidden Fortress
- Sword of Doom
- Seven Samurai
- Ballet in Cinema: An Evening…
- Miss Vamp Hawaii: The Realit…