Loves of a Blonde | Lásky jedné plavovlásky
Thursday Oct 04 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Special FREE screening
Directed by Miloš Forman. Czech Republic, 1965, 90mins.
Czech with English subtitles.
In honor of venerated director Miloš Forman's 80th birthday—and to celebrate Czech cinematography and the translatlantic film industry—the Embassy of the Czech Republic is holding a month-long Mutual Inspirations Festival in Washington, D.C. The embassy is also sponsoring screenings of Forman films across the country—including at the Doris Duke Theatre.
With 16 women to each man, the odds are against Andula in her desperate search for love—that is, until a rakish piano player visits her small factory town and temporarily eases her longings. From the first pangs of romance to its inevitable disappointments, tender and humorous Loves of a Blonde was an instant classic of the Czech New Wave and earned Milos Forman his first Oscar nomination.
Special thanks to Ann Suzuki Ching, Honorary Consul of the Czech Republic in Hawaii, and the Embassy of the Czech Republic.
Print out the free ticket to ensure entry—seats will go fast!
See a clip.
- Remington and the Curse of t…
- Ballet in Cinema: Alice's Ad…
- Sta. Niña
- The Bladed Hand: The Global …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival
- Opera in Cinema: Tosca, Roya…
- Go Grandriders
- One Track Heart: The Story o…
- Maori Boy Genius + Koro's Medal
- Family Film Sunday: Short and Sweet
- Song of the Kauri + Whakatiki
- Fresh Meat + Two Cars, One Night
- The Rain of the Children + T…
- Samurai Rebellion
- The Hidden Fortress
- Sword of Doom
- Seven Samurai
- Ballet in Cinema: An Evening…
- Miss Vamp Hawaii: The Realit…