The Return of the War Room
Monday Nov 05 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
HUMAN RIGHTS FESTIVAL THEME:
Realizing Roosevelt’s Four Freedoms: Human Rights in the U.S.
Nov. 5 marks the two-year anniversary of the United Nations Human Rights Council’s Inaugural Universal Periodic Review of the United States of America.
The Return of the War Room
Directed by Chris Hegedus & D A Pennebaker, USA, 2008, 82 mins.
A thought-provoking look at how the political and media landscapes have changed since the 1992 Clinton election, The Return of the War Room revisits the revealing, irreverent documentary The War Room, a film that famously exposed the inner workings of Clinton’s Presidential campaign. Candid interviews with key players in the original film, including chief Clinton strategists James Carville and George Stephanopoulos, reveal how presidential campaigning and media coverage have changed and are still evolving today.
Testify! A Voice for Human Rights in the U.S. (short)
Directed and produced by WITNESS & the U.S. Human Rights Network. USA, 2010, 13 mins.
In 2010, people throughout the United States spoke out on human rights issues in their communities as part of the United Nation’s Universal Periodic Review (UPR). They wrote reports to the UN, testified before U.S. government officials, and recorded video testimony through the Testify! Project. This film provides a glimpse into their stories, which taken together highlight contemporary human rights struggles within the United States.
Special thanks to WITNESS for providing this film
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (short)
Directed and produced by Melanie Nielsen Emonet and Joshua Cooper. Switzerland 2012. 10 mins.
At the Universal Periodic Review of the United States of America at the Palace of Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, more than 100 representatives of civil society in the U.S. brought the voice of the people to the United Nations. In this educational film, 30 advocates including the U.S. Human Rights Network, ACLU, Amnesty International and indigenous leaders read each article of the historic Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Special thanks to Sirena Films and Hawaii Institute for Human Rights for providing this film.
- March of the Living
- Mr. Gaga
- I, Claude Monet
- Donnie Darko • 15th Anniversary
- Cézanne and I (Cézanne et moi)
- The African Doctor (Bienvenu…
- Arctic Heart (Le Secret des …
- He Even Has Your Eyes (Il a …
- After Love (L'économie du couple)
- At Eye Level
- Eva Hesse
- Fukushima, mon Amour
- Scrappin’ | Schrotten!
- Silicon Valley Revolution
- Center of My World
- Stefan Zweig: Farewell to Europe
- Slack Bay (Ma Loute)
- The Death of Louis XIV (La M…
- The 400 Blows (Les quatre ce…
- Maurizio Cattelan: Be Right Back
- Fantastic Planet (La Planète…
- Family Film Sunday: The Litt…
- My Life as a Zucchini (Ma vi…
- Young French Cinema Shorts 2017
- Like Crazy (La pazza gioia)
- Tomorrow (Demain)
- Toni Erdmann
- I, Olga Hepnarová (Já, Olga …
- Fire at Sea (Fuocoammare)
- Ashes and Diamonds (Popiół i…
- Afterimage (Powidoki)
- The Red Turtle (La tortue rouge)