Tales of the Night
Sunday Nov 18 11:10 AM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Animation, Michel Ocelot, France, 84 minutes. Recommended for ages 6+
Tales of the Night—in a brand new English-language version—weaves together six fables from Tibet, medieval Europe, an Aztec kingdom, the African plains, and even the Land of the Dead in this visually innovative film that uses the darkening properties of digital 3D to make silhouetted characters pop even urther from the vividly shaded backgrounds. Variety calls it “a triumph of intricate craftsmanship!"
Special thanks to the Sidney Stern Memorial Trust for sponsoring this program.
Additional thanks to David Jesteadt, GKIDS.
Tickets: $ 3 adults, $1 children (13 + under)
Tickets are available at the box office one half hour before the screening.
- Lo and Behold: Reveries of t…
- Miss Hokusai (百日紅)
- Setoutsumi (セトウツミ)
- Fall Seven Times, Get Up Eig…
- Tekkonkinkreet (鉄コン筋クリート)
- Ran (乱)
- Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto (宮本武蔵)
- Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji…
- Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu …
- Family Film Sunday: NYICFF B…
- Sweet Bean (あん)
- Our Little Sister (海街 Diary)
- Millennium Actress (千年女優)
- Tokyo Godfathers (東京ゴッドファーザーズ)
- Paprika (パプリカ)
- Soaring HI: Celebrating the …
- Pokémon Double Feature
- You’ve Been Trumped
- I Am JFK Jr. – A Tribute to …
- The Candidate