Jab Tak Hai Jaan (Til My Last Breath)
Thursday Jan 24 12:30 PM
Thursday Jan 24 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Directed by Yash Chopra, 2012, 176 mins. In Hindi with English subtitles. Hawai’i premiere.
Legendary Bollywood filmmaker-producer Yash Chopra’s last film, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, was released just weeks after his untimely passing on Oct. 21. This landmark in Indian cinema has been one of the most highly anticipated Bollywood love stories of the decade. After finding and losing his true love Meera (Katrina Kaif) in London, Samar Anand (Shah Rukh Khan) becomes a bomb disposal expert for the Indian Army. Returning to London after 10 years, he has an accident that results in amnesia. Will he be reunited with his love?
Guest speaker & performance:
Dr. Sai Bhatawadekar, Assistant Professor of Hindi and Urdu at the University of Hawai'i, Mānoa will introduce the film and pay tribute to the late Yash Chopra at 7:30pm. Her introduction will be followed by a performance by Indian Dance troupe Aaja Nachle.
See the trailer.
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem
- A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night
- Ballet on Screen: Don Quixot…
- Stage on Screen: Great Expec…
- Happy Birthday, Tūtū Ruth an…
- Opera on Screen: Arabella • …
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana