Jab Tak Hai Jaan (Til My Last Breath)
Thursday Jan 24 12:30 PM
Thursday Jan 24 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Directed by Yash Chopra, 2012, 176 mins. In Hindi with English subtitles. Hawai’i premiere.
Legendary Bollywood filmmaker-producer Yash Chopra’s last film, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, was released just weeks after his untimely passing on Oct. 21. This landmark in Indian cinema has been one of the most highly anticipated Bollywood love stories of the decade. After finding and losing his true love Meera (Katrina Kaif) in London, Samar Anand (Shah Rukh Khan) becomes a bomb disposal expert for the Indian Army. Returning to London after 10 years, he has an accident that results in amnesia. Will he be reunited with his love?
Guest speaker & performance:
Dr. Sai Bhatawadekar, Assistant Professor of Hindi and Urdu at the University of Hawai'i, Mānoa will introduce the film and pay tribute to the late Yash Chopra at 7:30pm. Her introduction will be followed by a performance by Indian Dance troupe Aaja Nachle.
See the trailer.
- Jellyfish Eyes
- Love Live! The School Idol Movie
- Attack on Titan: Part One
- Bon Lin
- When Marnie Was There
- The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness
- The Misfits: 30 Years of Fluxus
- Battles Without Honor and Humanity
- Ballet on Screen: L'Histoire…
- June Bride: Redemption of a Yakuza
- JACO: A Documentary Film
- Godzilla: The Japanese Original
- Family Film Sunday: Fantasti…
- Attack on Titan: Part Two: E…
- HI Sk8 Films 2015 shorts showcase
- Opera on Screen: The Three T…
- I Am Thalente