The Angels' Share
Wednesday Aug 07 07:30 PM
Thursday Aug 08 01:00 PM
Thursday Aug 08 07:30 PM
Friday Aug 09 01:00 PM
Friday Aug 09 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Ken Loach. UK, 2012, 101 mins.
It would be hard to see Robbie as a man worthy of redemption. He’s constantly watching out for a gang of thugs looking to settle a family grudge, his girlfriend is giving birth to a baby while her father offers him money to leave Glasgow, and he’s serving 300 hours of community service. But when Robbie meets Harry, the gruff but benevolent man in charge of his sentence, he finds a hidden talent for Scotch whiskey—and a new chance at life. For distillers the “angels’ share” is the whiskey lost to evaporation each year, and that little fact makes a rare cask of whiskey the perfect target for a heist. A hilarious story about second chances, The Angels’ Share is a tender comic crowd pleaser from legendary filmmaker Ken Loach (Riff-Raff, Kes). Winner: Jury Prize, Cannes Film Festival; Audience Award, San Sebastián International Film Festival.
(L-R) Jasmin Riggins (Mo), William Ruane (Rhino), Paul Brannigan (Robbie), Gary Maitland (Albert). Photo by Joss Barratt, Courtesy of Sundance Selects.
View the trailer.
This film is a New York Times Critics' Pick. Read the review.
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival 2015
- Still Alice
- Racing Extinction
- Speechless: The Polar Realm …
- Shark Girl • México Pelágico
- Into the Gyre • The Plastic Age
- Our Deepest Waters • My Sal…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …
- Exhibition on Screen • Matis…
- Family Film Sunday • Fantast…
- She’s Beautiful When She’s Angry
- Just Beyond Hope
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …
- Don’t Think I’ve Forgotten: …