Sunday Aug 18 04:00 PM
Sunday Aug 18 07:30 PM
Tuesday Aug 20 01:00 PM
Tuesday Aug 20 07:30 PM
Thursday Aug 22 01:00 PM
Thursday Aug 22 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Pablo Berger. 2012. Spain. Silent, with English subtitles.
Once upon a time there was a little girl who had never known her mother. She learned the art of her father, a famous bullfighter, but was hated by her evil stepmother. One day she ran away with a troupe of dwarves, and became a legend. Set in southern Spain in 1920s, Blancanieves is Spain’s answer to The Artist, a unique and unforgettable tribute to silent film and fairytales. Winner: Grand Prize, Boulder International Film Festival; Special Jury Prize, San Sebastián International Film Festival. Official Selection: Toronto International Film Festival, Hong Kong International Film Festival, BFI London Film Festival
View the trailer.
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem
- A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night
- Ballet on Screen: Don Quixot…
- Stage on Screen: Great Expec…
- Opera on Screen: Arabella • …
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana