Family Film Sunday: The Painting
Sunday Aug 18 11:10 AM
Sunday Aug 18 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
$ 3 adults | $1 children (13 + under)
Directed by Jean-François Laguionie. France, 78 mins. In English. Ages 7 + up.
This touching, inventive animated fable is set within the borders of an unfinished artwork temporarily residing in the lush garden of an old château. In the world within the canvas three types of creatures coexist: the fully drawn and colored Alldunns; the partially completed Halfies; and the Sketchies, which exist as only rough designs. The Alldunns lord it over the others, until one of them, Ramo, starts to wonder if this is indeed the way things are meant to be—or if someday the others will be completed. Together with his beloved Claire (a Halfie, and thus off-limits for him), Ramo sets off to see if he can contact the mysterious Painter who started all the trouble in the first place.
View the trailer.
- Afternoon of a Faun: Tanaqui…
- Lenny Cooke
- Opera on Screen: La Bohème f…
- Short Peace
- Le Chef
- Ballet on Screen: La Sylphid…
- Mood Indigo | L'écume des jo…
- Bicycling with Molière | Alc…
- On My Way | Elle s’en va
- The French Minister | Quai d’Orsay
- Chinese Puzzle | Casse-tête chinois
- Queen Margot | La reine Margo
- Picasso’s Gang | La Banda Picasso
- Opera on Screen: Jules Masse…
- Family Film Sunday: See The …