Bhaag Milkha Bhaag | Run Milkha Run
Saturday Jan 04 06:00 PM
Friday Jan 10 07:30 PM
Saturday Jan 18 12:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra. 2013. India. 186 mins. Hindi with English subtitles.
Acclaimed filmmaker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra (Rang De Basanti) returns with a sweeping biopic about the “Flying Sikh”—Milkha Singh. The world champion runner and Olympian surmounted the horrors of the 1947 India-Pakistan partition and refugee poverty to become India’s sports icon. Mehra has turned Singhg’s story of personal triumph during turbulent times into an inspirational screen tale for the ages—a Bollywood Rocky for runners. Add to that a rousing soundtrack by Bollywood super-composers Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, stunning cinematography from veteran Binod Pradhan and a jaw-dropping performance by multi-hyphenate actor/director Farhan Akhtar, and you have cinematic gold.
View the trailer.
Opening-night reception Jan 4, 6-7:30pm: Enjoy DJ Ohtoro’s eclectic Bollywood music mash-up and a performance by Indian dance group Aaja Nachle. Indian food will be available for purchase, along with wine, beer, and soda. Screening of Bhaag Milkha Bhaag is at 7:30pm. $15, $12 museum members. Purchase online.
- Jellyfish Eyes
- Love Live! The School Idol Movie
- Attack on Titan: Part One
- Bon Lin
- When Marnie Was There
- The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness
- The Misfits: 30 Years of Fluxus
- Battles Without Honor and Humanity
- Ballet on Screen: L'Histoire…
- June Bride: Redemption of a Yakuza
- JACO: A Documentary Film
- Godzilla: The Japanese Original
- Family Film Sunday: Fantasti…
- Attack on Titan: Part Two: E…
- HI Sk8 Films 2015 shorts showcase
- Opera on Screen: The Three T…
- I Am Thalente