Bhaag Milkha Bhaag | Run Milkha Run
Saturday Jan 04 06:00 PM
Friday Jan 10 07:30 PM
Saturday Jan 18 12:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra. 2013. India. 186 mins. Hindi with English subtitles.
Acclaimed filmmaker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra (Rang De Basanti) returns with a sweeping biopic about the “Flying Sikh”—Milkha Singh. The world champion runner and Olympian surmounted the horrors of the 1947 India-Pakistan partition and refugee poverty to become India’s sports icon. Mehra has turned Singhg’s story of personal triumph during turbulent times into an inspirational screen tale for the ages—a Bollywood Rocky for runners. Add to that a rousing soundtrack by Bollywood super-composers Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, stunning cinematography from veteran Binod Pradhan and a jaw-dropping performance by multi-hyphenate actor/director Farhan Akhtar, and you have cinematic gold.
View the trailer.
Opening-night reception Jan 4, 6-7:30pm: Enjoy DJ Ohtoro’s eclectic Bollywood music mash-up and a performance by Indian dance group Aaja Nachle. Indian food will be available for purchase, along with wine, beer, and soda. Screening of Bhaag Milkha Bhaag is at 7:30pm. $15, $12 museum members. Purchase online.
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival 2015
- Racing Extinction
- Speechless: A Polar Realm • …
- Shark Girl • México Pelágico
- Into the Gyre • The Plastic Age
- Our Deepest Waters • My Sal…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …