Tuesday Jan 07 07:30 PM
Thursday Jan 16 12:30 PM
Sunday Jan 19 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Directed by Vikramaditya Motwane. 2013. India. 136 mins. Hindi with English subtitles.
The year is 1953. Archaeologist Varun Shrivastav (Ranveer Singh, who also stars as Ram in Ramaleela) arrives at Manikpur, a village in West Bengal, to excavate the temple grounds of the local Zamindar. His knowledge and experience impresses the Zamindar and his family—especially Pakhi (Sonakshi Sinha), the Zamindar’s feisty daughter. But Varun isn’t all he seems. And as the attraction between him and Pakhi leads to love, he is forced to choose between her and his past—and decides to disappear. Pakhi struggles to move on with her life—until he returns under the most extraordinary circumstances. Inspired by the O. Henry short story The Last Leaf, Lootera is the uplifting story of two lovers, betrayal... and ultimate redemption.
View the trailer (Hindi).
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival 2015
- Racing Extinction
- Speechless: A Polar Realm • …
- Shark Girl • México Pelágico
- Into the Gyre • The Plastic Age
- Our Deepest Waters • My Sal…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …