Tuesday Jan 07 07:30 PM
Thursday Jan 16 12:30 PM
Sunday Jan 19 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Directed by Vikramaditya Motwane. 2013. India. 136 mins. Hindi with English subtitles.
The year is 1953. Archaeologist Varun Shrivastav (Ranveer Singh, who also stars as Ram in Ramaleela) arrives at Manikpur, a village in West Bengal, to excavate the temple grounds of the local Zamindar. His knowledge and experience impresses the Zamindar and his family—especially Pakhi (Sonakshi Sinha), the Zamindar’s feisty daughter. But Varun isn’t all he seems. And as the attraction between him and Pakhi leads to love, he is forced to choose between her and his past—and decides to disappear. Pakhi struggles to move on with her life—until he returns under the most extraordinary circumstances. Inspired by the O. Henry short story The Last Leaf, Lootera is the uplifting story of two lovers, betrayal... and ultimate redemption.
View the trailer (Hindi).
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …
- A Cube of Sugar | Ye Habe Ghand
- Snow on the Pines | Barf Roo…
- The Orange Suit | Narenji Poush
- The Last Step | Peleh Akher
- Family Film Sunday: Keiki Se…