Wednesday Jan 08 07:30 PM
Tuesday Jan 14 12:30 PM
Friday Jan 17 12:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Directed by Avinash Kumar Singh. 2013. India. 108 mins. Hindi with English subtitles.
Free-spirited Leela (Deepti Naval), is attractive, middle-aged and doesn’t allow widowhood to define her. She runs a bustling coffee shop in her garden and has a great friendship with her fiery 22-year-old daughter Amaya (Swara Bhaskar). When Leela confesses that she is in love with their 60-year-old family friend Jayant (Farook Sheikh), Amaya rebels and rejects her stunned mother. The deep layers of family dynamics at the heart of Listen…Amaya are infused with subtle humor, music and song to deliver a heartwarming peek into one family’s quest to achieve comfort, love, and acceptance.
View the trailer.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …
- A Cube of Sugar | Ye Habe Ghand
- Snow on the Pines | Barf Roo…
- The Orange Suit | Narenji Poush
- The Last Step | Peleh Akher
- Family Film Sunday: Keiki Se…