Wednesday Jan 08 07:30 PM
Tuesday Jan 14 12:30 PM
Friday Jan 17 12:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Directed by Avinash Kumar Singh. 2013. India. 108 mins. Hindi with English subtitles.
Free-spirited Leela (Deepti Naval), is attractive, middle-aged and doesn’t allow widowhood to define her. She runs a bustling coffee shop in her garden and has a great friendship with her fiery 22-year-old daughter Amaya (Swara Bhaskar). When Leela confesses that she is in love with their 60-year-old family friend Jayant (Farook Sheikh), Amaya rebels and rejects her stunned mother. The deep layers of family dynamics at the heart of Listen…Amaya are infused with subtle humor, music and song to deliver a heartwarming peek into one family’s quest to achieve comfort, love, and acceptance.
View the trailer.
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival 2015
- Racing Extinction
- Speechless: A Polar Realm • …
- Shark Girl • México Pelágico
- Into the Gyre • The Plastic Age
- Our Deepest Waters • My Sal…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …