Saturday Jan 18 07:30 PM
Wednesday Jan 22 12:30 PM
Sunday Jan 26 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $10.00
General Admission: $12.00
About the Film:
Directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. 2013. India. 155 mins. Hindi with English subtitles.
In this lush, visually stunning Bollywood rendering of Romeo & Juliet, charming vagabond Ram (Ranveer Singh) meets the passionate Leela (Deepika Padukone) during a village Holi celebration. It’s love at first sight for the pair, but their families have been sworn enemies for 500 years. Against a backdrop of violence and vengeance, Ram and Leela fight the world to live their own dreams. What will happen when they declare their love to the world? Will their families relent or will Ram and Leela carve their own destiny? Borrowing a page out of Baz Luhrmann’s book, director Sanjay Leela Bhansali (Guzaarish, Devdas) stages a dazzling light-and-sound show, capturing the ecstasy of first love, the thrill of clandestine meetings, and the obsession of great rivalries with epic cinematic flair.
View the trailer.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- The Salt Trail + Black Sapph…
- Innersection: Black + Se7en Signs
- The Old, the Young & the Sea…
- Ballet on Screen | Bodas De …
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …
- A Cube of Sugar | Ye Habe Ghand
- Snow on the Pines | Barf Roo…
- The Orange Suit | Narenji Poush
- The Last Step | Peleh Akher