After Tiller | Free screening
Tuesday Feb 18 07:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Directed by Martha Shane and Lana Wilson. 2013. United States. 88 mins. English.
Since the assassination of Dr. George Tiller in Kansas in May 2009, there are only four American doctors who openly provide third-trimester abortions. After Tiller paints a complex, compassionate portrait of these physicians, who have become the new number-one targets of the anti-abortion movement but continue to do work that they believe is profoundly important for their patients’ lives. The film weaves together revealing, in-depth interviews with the doctors with intimate vérité scenes from their lives and inside their clinics, where they counsel and care for their anxious, vulnerable patients at an important crossroads in their lives. By sharing the moving stories of several of these patients, After Tiller illuminates the experiences of women who seek late abortions and the reasons why they do so.
View the trailer.
Read the New York Times review.
Read the Washington Post review.
- Ghost In the Shell: The New Movie
- Ua Mau Ke Ea: Sovereignty Endures
- My Love, Don't Cross That River
- Opera on Screen: Pavarotti &…
- The Look of Silence
- Finding Joe
- Heart of A Dog
- Supermensch: The Legend of S…
- Free Keiki Ohana Screening
- East Side Sushi
- Something Better To Come
- The Second Mother • Que Hora…
- Breathe • Respire
- Johnny To's Office
- Opera on Screen: The Three T…
- The Quay Brothers in 35mm
- The Assassin
- Family Film Sunday: Shaun th…
- Opera on Screen: Aida on Syd…