After Tiller | Free screening
Tuesday Feb 18 07:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Directed by Martha Shane and Lana Wilson. 2013. United States. 88 mins. English.
Since the assassination of Dr. George Tiller in Kansas in May 2009, there are only four American doctors who openly provide third-trimester abortions. After Tiller paints a complex, compassionate portrait of these physicians, who have become the new number-one targets of the anti-abortion movement but continue to do work that they believe is profoundly important for their patients’ lives. The film weaves together revealing, in-depth interviews with the doctors with intimate vérité scenes from their lives and inside their clinics, where they counsel and care for their anxious, vulnerable patients at an important crossroads in their lives. By sharing the moving stories of several of these patients, After Tiller illuminates the experiences of women who seek late abortions and the reasons why they do so.
View the trailer.
Read the New York Times review.
Read the Washington Post review.
- Grace Jones: Bloodlight and Bami
- The Martian
- Happening: A Clean Energy Re…
- Chronicle of Anna Magdalena Bach
- Momentum Generation
- Surf Cinema Nugs 2018
- Locals Only
- Blue Intensity + The Church …
- Her Waves
- The Endless Winter II; Surfi…
- Perilous Sea + The Seawolf
- Blue Road + Surfing the Sout…
- She is the Ocean
- Adaptive Surfing films + panel
- Wave Inspirations curated by…
- HI Sk8 Films Shorts Showcase 2018
- Family Film Sunday: Given
- Emocean + Cuban Wave Riders
- Big Wata (The Ocean)
- Surf Profiles
- The Essence