Saturday Mar 01 06:00 PM
Sunday Mar 09 04:00 PM
Thursday Mar 13 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Yuval Adler. 2013. Israel | Germany | Belgium. 99 mins. Hebrew and Arabic with English subtitles.
Bethlehem explores the complex relationship between Razi, an Israeli Secret Service officer, and his teenage Palestinian informant who happens to be the younger brother of a highly wanted Palestinian militant. Shuttling between conflicting points of view, the film is an action-packed, raw, and nuanced portrayal of characters torn apart by competing loyalties and impossible moral dilemmas. Based on extensive research by co-writers Yuval Adler, an Israeli filmmaker, and Ali Waked, an Arab journalist, Bethlehem transcends clear-cut perspectives, revealing the impossible situations and moral dilemmas associated with the dark and fascinating world of human intelligence.
Official Israeli Academy Award® Submission, Best Foreign Language Film. Winner of 6 Ophir Awards including Best Film, Best Director and Best Screenplay). Official Selection: Telluride Film Festival, Toronto International Film Festival; Venice Film Festival; Haifa Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Afternoon of a Faun: Tanaqui…
- Lenny Cooke
- Opera on Screen: La Bohème f…
- Short Peace
- Le Chef
- Ballet on Screen: La Sylphid…
- Mood Indigo | L'écume des jo…
- Bicycling with Molière | Alc…
- On My Way | Elle s’en va
- The French Minister | Quai d’Orsay
- Chinese Puzzle | Casse-tête chinois
- Queen Margot | La reine Margo
- Picasso’s Gang | La Banda Picasso
- Opera on Screen: Jules Masse…
- Family Film Sunday: See The …