Saturday Mar 01 06:00 PM
Sunday Mar 09 04:00 PM
Thursday Mar 13 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Yuval Adler. 2013. Israel | Germany | Belgium. 99 mins. Hebrew and Arabic with English subtitles.
Bethlehem explores the complex relationship between Razi, an Israeli Secret Service officer, and his teenage Palestinian informant who happens to be the younger brother of a highly wanted Palestinian militant. Shuttling between conflicting points of view, the film is an action-packed, raw, and nuanced portrayal of characters torn apart by competing loyalties and impossible moral dilemmas. Based on extensive research by co-writers Yuval Adler, an Israeli filmmaker, and Ali Waked, an Arab journalist, Bethlehem transcends clear-cut perspectives, revealing the impossible situations and moral dilemmas associated with the dark and fascinating world of human intelligence.
Official Israeli Academy Award® Submission, Best Foreign Language Film. Winner of 6 Ophir Awards including Best Film, Best Director and Best Screenplay). Official Selection: Telluride Film Festival, Toronto International Film Festival; Venice Film Festival; Haifa Film Festival.
View the trailer.
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …
- A Cube of Sugar | Ye Habe Ghand
- Snow on the Pines | Barf Roo…
- The Orange Suit | Narenji Poush
- The Last Step | Peleh Akher
- Angel Azul
- Opera on Screen | Hansel und…
- Stage on Screen | The Maste…
- Hi Sk8 Films: A Hawai‘i Skat…
- Sold Out | Under the Blood-Red Sun
- Standing on Sacred Ground Fi…
- Bridge to the Future
- Underwater Dreams
- Moana: The Rising of the Sea
- Opera on Screen | La Fanciul…
- To Be Takei
- God Help The Girl
- The Internet Cat Video Festi…
- Björk: Biophilia Live