Wednesday Apr 23 01:00 PM
Wednesday Apr 23 07:30 PM
Friday Apr 25 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Ben Safdie, Joshua Safdie. USA. 2013. 88 mins.
In 2001, Lenny Cooke was the most hyped high school basketball player in the country, ranked above future greats LeBron James, Amar’e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony. A decade later, he has never played in the NBA. Independent-film fixtures Joshua and Benny Safdie (Daddy Longlegs, The Pleasure of Being Robbed) post the question: What happens whe an American dream comes too early? They track the unfulfilled destiny of a man for whom superstardom was only just out of reach.
Official Selection: Tribeca Film Festival.
Read the Variety review.
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana
- PIC Exchange: Road to the Globe
- PIC Exchange: Nā Loea: The M…
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- Ballet on Screen: Moulin Rou…
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- The Chef's Wife • On a faill…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …