Wednesday Apr 23 01:00 PM
Wednesday Apr 23 07:30 PM
Friday Apr 25 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Ben Safdie, Joshua Safdie. USA. 2013. 88 mins.
In 2001, Lenny Cooke was the most hyped high school basketball player in the country, ranked above future greats LeBron James, Amar’e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony. A decade later, he has never played in the NBA. Independent-film fixtures Joshua and Benny Safdie (Daddy Longlegs, The Pleasure of Being Robbed) post the question: What happens whe an American dream comes too early? They track the unfulfilled destiny of a man for whom superstardom was only just out of reach.
Official Selection: Tribeca Film Festival.
Read the Variety review.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- The North Canyon: Nazaré Cal…
- The Salt Trail + Black Sapph…
- Good Morning Miyazaki + Catc…
- Innersection: Black + Se7en Signs
- The Old, the Young & the Sea…
- Ballet on Screen | Bodas De …
- Honolulu Surf Film Festival …
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …