Picasso’s Gang | La Banda Picasso
Saturday May 10 04:00 PM
Tuesday May 13 07:30 PM
Thursday May 15 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Fernando Colombo. 2012. France/Spain. 101 mins. French & English with English subtitles.
In 1911, the Mona Lisa was torn from the walls of the Louvre, to the shock of the French nation. Who could have perpetrated such a crime? The authorities swiftly turned their sights on the poet Apollinaire and his friend Pablo Picasso, whose Demoiselles d’Avignon bore a strange resemblance to some ancient heads also stolen from the museum. This lavish, unusual whodunit beautifully captures bohemian Paris in the late days of the Belle Époque, while placing the most frequently stolen, and forged, artist in history at the very center of one of the most infamous art-thefts of all time.
Official Selection: Mumbai Film Festival
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem
- A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night
- Ballet on Screen: Don Quixot…
- Stage on Screen: Great Expec…
- Happy Birthday, Tūtū Ruth an…
- Opera on Screen: Arabella • …
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana