The Gold Rush
Saturday May 17 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Directed by Charlie Chaplin. 1925. USA. 88 mins. Silent with musical accompaniment
Despite its reputation as a masterpiece of silent cinema, The Gold Rush has long been unavailable in its original form, following Chaplin’s 1942 “sound version” and his dictate that the original only be screened with live orchestral accompaniment. Now, in collaboration with the Cineteca Bologna and the Chaplin Estate, Janus Films is proud to present a restoration of the film, complete with a newly recorded orchestral score. Moving, hilarious, and full of invention, The Gold Rush has never looked—or sounded—better.
Introduced by Professor James Caron.
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem
- A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night
- Ballet on Screen: Don Quixot…
- Stage on Screen: Great Expec…
- Opera on Screen: Arabella • …
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana