Revolution + Shadow Reef + Slow Life
Saturday Jun 07 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $12.00
General Admission: $15.00
About the Film:
Part of World Oceans Day Hawai‘i 2014.
Screening follows 6pm reception, which features pūpū, brews by Kona Brewing Co., cocktails made with Island Distillers’ lava-filtered Hawaiian Vodka, music, and more.
Directed by Rob Stewart. 2012. USA. 85 mins
This follow-up to director Rob Stewart’s acclaimed Sharkwater continues his remarkable journey—one that will take him through 15 countries over four years, and where he'll discover that it’s not only sharks that are in grave danger—it's humanity itself.
Watch the trailer.
Presented by LUSH
Directed by Elke Specker. 2014. United States. 5 mins.
Narrated by Bryce, a 13-year old boy, who cares about our oceans and wildlife, Shadow Reef is a documentary short film about the beauty of our oceans and marine ecosystems in peril. As Bryce says, “The ocean matters to me, and it should matter to you too."
Directed by Daniel Stoupin. 2014. Australia. 4 mins.
Get a mind-blowing glimpse of the secret life of “slow” marine animals—corals and sponges—under high magnification filmed with extended depth of field time-lapse techniques. These creatures play crucial roles in the biosphere, yet we know almost nothing about their daily lives.
- Tokyo Fiancée • Ni d'Eve, ni d'Adam
- In the Courtyard • Dans la cour
- Girlhood • Bande de filles
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- Number One Fan • Elle L'adore
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- The Young Girls of Rochefort…
- The Chef's Wife • On a faill…
- The Connection • La French
- Family Film Sunday: Song Of …
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …