The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came to Eden
Sunday Jun 22 04:00 PM
Tuesday Jun 24 07:30 PM
Wednesday Jun 25 01:00 PM
Thursday Jun 26 08:00 PM
Friday Jun 27 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
About the Film:
Directed by Dayna Goldfine and Dan Geller. 2013. USA. 120 mins.
Darwin meets Hitchcock in this true-crime tale of paradise found and lost. The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came To Eden is a fascinating documentary portrait of a 1930s murder mystery as strange and alluring as the famous archipelago itself. Fleeing conventional society, a Berlin doctor and his mistress start a new life on uninhabited Floreana Island. But after the international press sensationalizes the exploits of the Galapagos’ “Adam and Eve”, others flock there—including a self-styled Swiss Family Robinson and a gun-toting Viennese Baroness and her two lovers. Clashing personalities are aggravated by the island community’s lusty free-love ethos, and when some of the islanders disappear, suspicions of murder hang in the air, leaving an unsolved mystery which remains the subject of local lore today.
Featuring powerful voice performances by Oscar® winner Cate Blanchett, Diane Kruger, Connie Nielsen, Sebastian Koch, Thomas Kretschmann, Gustaf Skarsgård and Josh Radnor, The Galapagos Affair is a gripping parable of Robinson Crusoe adventure and utopian dreams gone awry.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- The Salt Trail + Black Sapph…
- Innersection: Black + Se7en Signs
- The Old, the Young & the Sea…
- Ballet on Screen | Bodas De …
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …