Stage on Screen: Driving Miss Daisy
Tuesday Jun 17 01:00 PM
Thursday Jun 19 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $18.00
General Admission: $20.00
About the Film:
It's not only opera fans and balletomanes who get front row seats to great performances from around the world now.
Starting with this film, you can now experience the best in theater.
Directed by David Esbjornson. Australia. 2013. 90 mins.
Angela Lansbury and James Earl Jones light up the stage in this production of one of the most popular American stage plays of our time—Alfred Uhry’s Pulitzer Prize–winning Driving Miss Daisy. Shot during the play’s Australian tour, after sell out seasons on Broadway and London’s West End, Driving Miss Daisy offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see two iconic Broadway and Hollywood veterans in an enduring and popular play. The production also stars four-time Tony Award winner Boyd Gaines.
Driving Miss Daisy tells the affecting story of the decades-long relationship between an elderly Southern Jewish woman, Daisy Werthan, and her compassionate African-American chauffeur, Hoke Colburn. Their iconic tale of pride, changing times, and the transformative power of friendship has warmed the hearts of millions worldwide.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- The Salt Trail + Black Sapph…
- Innersection: Black + Se7en Signs
- The Old, the Young & the Sea…
- Ballet on Screen | Bodas De …
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …