Land of Patagones | Tierra De Patagones + Compassing
Sunday Jul 06 01:00 PM
Thursday Jul 31 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Joaquin Azulay & Julian Azulay. Argentina. 2014. 75 mins. Spanish with English subtitles.
The Gauchos del Mar brothers pursue their goal of surfing at one of the southernmost areas of the world: Isla de los Estados (Staten Island), in the Tierra del Fuego (Land of Fire) region on the Argentinian side of Patagonia. Travelling in a truck and living in a tent, they make their way across Patagonia sharing their experiences with native people, exploring the endemic flora and fauna, and battling the harsh weather conditions to reach Ushuaia, the capital of Tierra del Fuego and the southernmost city in the world. Finally, they must sail through Beagle Channel and across the Le Maire Strait, one of the most dangerous seas on the planet.
Directed by Cyrus Sutton. USA/Mexico. 2014. 23 mins
No one knows how to surfari like Emmy Award–winning California surfer/filmmaker Cyrus Sutton. In the latest chapter of Cy’s adventures, he transforms an old van into a unique camper and heads out on a two-month Pacific surf adventure to Mexico.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- The Salt Trail + Black Sapph…
- Innersection: Black + Se7en Signs
- The Old, the Young & the Sea…
- Ballet on Screen | Bodas De …
- Honolulu Surf Film Festival …
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …