The North Canyon: Nazaré Calling with Garrett McNamara + Sea Fever + Sea Stills
Sunday Jul 06 04:00 PM
Thursday Jul 17 01:00 PM
Friday Jul 25 04:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Garrett McNamara, Paulo Caldeira, Polvo Concepts, Gustavo Neves. USA/Portugal. 2012. 60 mins.
In October 2011, record-breaking big wave surfer Garrett McNamara returned to explore the giant waves formed by the Nazaré Canyon in Portugal. This is the story of one month leading up to an incredible ride, told by a group of people who helped to shine a light on one of the biggest wave spots in the world.
Directed by Tim Davies. UK/Ireland. 2014. 5 mins.
With dramatic footage from Ireland's giant wave known as Aileens (Aill na Searrach) at the 700-foot-high Cliffs of Moher, and interviews with the troubadour surfers that brave these 40- to 50-foot waves, Sea Fever captures the character and craic of Irish surfing.
Directed by Chris Duczynski. Australia. 2014. 7 mins
Photographer Ray Collin describes his passion and dedication to capturing the transient beauty of impossibly shaped waves.
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …
- A Cube of Sugar | Ye Habe Ghand
- Snow on the Pines | Barf Roo…
- The Orange Suit | Narenji Poush
- The Last Step | Peleh Akher
- Angel Azul
- Opera on Screen | Hansel und…
- Stage on Screen | The Maste…
- Hi Sk8 Films: A Hawai‘i Skat…
- Sold Out | Under the Blood-Red Sun
- Standing on Sacred Ground Fi…
- Bridge to the Future
- Underwater Dreams
- Moana: The Rising of the Sea
- Opera on Screen | La Fanciul…
- To Be Takei
- God Help The Girl
- The Internet Cat Video Festi…
- Björk: Biophilia Live