The North Canyon: Nazaré Calling with Garrett McNamara + Sea Fever + Sea Stills
Sunday Jul 06 04:00 PM
Thursday Jul 17 01:00 PM
Friday Jul 25 04:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Garrett McNamara, Paulo Caldeira, Polvo Concepts, Gustavo Neves. USA/Portugal. 2012. 60 mins.
In October 2011, record-breaking big wave surfer Garrett McNamara returned to explore the giant waves formed by the Nazaré Canyon in Portugal. This is the story of one month leading up to an incredible ride, told by a group of people who helped to shine a light on one of the biggest wave spots in the world.
Directed by Tim Davies. UK/Ireland. 2014. 5 mins.
With dramatic footage from Ireland's giant wave known as Aileens (Aill na Searrach) at the 700-foot-high Cliffs of Moher, and interviews with the troubadour surfers that brave these 40- to 50-foot waves, Sea Fever captures the character and craic of Irish surfing.
Directed by Chris Duczynski. Australia. 2014. 7 mins
Photographer Ray Collin describes his passion and dedication to capturing the transient beauty of impossibly shaped waves.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- The Salt Trail + Black Sapph…
- Innersection: Black + Se7en Signs
- The Old, the Young & the Sea…
- Ballet on Screen | Bodas De …
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …