Onde Italiane double feature! Bella Vita + Peninsula
Sunday Jul 06 07:00 PM
Wednesday Jul 23 12:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Jason Baffa. USA. 2013. 82 mins. Italian and English with English subtitles.
Internationally acclaimed filmmaker Jason Baffa (One Beach, One California Day, Singlefin: Yellow) takes a journey through Italy with Italian-American surfer Chris del Moro as he reconnects with his homeland and discovers the passion of Italian surf culture. Shot entirely on 35mm film, this gorgeous travelogue reveals the beauty of Italy, its unique surf culture and unsung waves.
Directed by Luca Merli. Italy. 2014. 55 mins. Italian and English with English subtitles
In this homage to the Mediterranean Sea, Italian filmmaker Luca Merli (Onde Nostre) looks at the little-known history of Italian surfing and explores how Italy’s vibrant surf community keeps the passion alive.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- The Salt Trail + Black Sapph…
- Innersection: Black + Se7en Signs
- The Old, the Young & the Sea…
- Ballet on Screen | Bodas De …
- Honolulu Surf Film Festival …
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …