Live From the Moon + Now Now: Jordy Smith
Monday Jul 07 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Live From the Moon
Directed by Greg Browning. USA. 2013. 48 mins.
From castles crumbling under the weight of the Celtic green onslaught of slabs in Ireland, to the deepest jungle reaches of Indonesia, Live from the Moon journeys through the most remote and exotic surf locations on the planet. Body Glove explored, hunted, and…conquered. Let the film take you on the adventure of a lifetime. Featuring Dave Wassel, Anthony Walsh, Tikanui Smith, Jamie O'Brien, Cheyne Magnusson, Ezekiel Lau, Alex Gray and Imai Devault.
Now Now: Jordy Smith
Directed by Jordy Smith & Jacob Wooden. South Africa. 2013. 15 mins.
South African surfer Jordy Smith stormed onto the World Tour with no apologies and no prisoners. Since first pulling on a “Smith” jersey, he's cried after home victories (J-Bay), accomplished personal goals (winning outside South Africa, in Rio), clocked 10s (everywhere) and shown us all how endearing the transition from cocky benchwarmer to graceful batsman can be. Now Now is a collage of moments tagged and bagged during the first six months of 2013, filmed in Mozambique, South Africa, Australia and Indonesia.
- The Internet Cat Video Festi…
- The Paw Project
- Opera on Screen | Lucrezia B…
- Björk: Biophilia Live
- Ballet on Screen | Julia Och…
- Bird People
- Nā Loea: Ancestral Ink + Nā …
- The Hawaiian Room
- ‘Ōiwi Shorts Showcase
- Waikiki Wedding
- The Haumana + Lāhainā Noon: …
- The Light in the Lady’s Eyes…
- Family Film Sunday: Na Mo‘ol…
- The Whole Shebang (Alles Inklusive)
- Munich in India (München in Indien)
- The Circle (Der Kreis)
- Windstorm (Ostwind - Zusamme…
- The Dark Valley (Das finstere Tal)
- Diplomacy (Diplomatie)
- For the Love of Tango
- Opera on Screen | La Ceneren…