Live From the Moon + Now Now: Jordy Smith
Monday Jul 07 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Live From the Moon
Directed by Greg Browning. USA. 2013. 48 mins.
From castles crumbling under the weight of the Celtic green onslaught of slabs in Ireland, to the deepest jungle reaches of Indonesia, Live from the Moon journeys through the most remote and exotic surf locations on the planet. Body Glove explored, hunted, and…conquered. Let the film take you on the adventure of a lifetime. Featuring Dave Wassel, Anthony Walsh, Tikanui Smith, Jamie O'Brien, Cheyne Magnusson, Ezekiel Lau, Alex Gray and Imai Devault.
Now Now: Jordy Smith
Directed by Jordy Smith & Jacob Wooden. South Africa. 2013. 15 mins.
South African surfer Jordy Smith stormed onto the World Tour with no apologies and no prisoners. Since first pulling on a “Smith” jersey, he's cried after home victories (J-Bay), accomplished personal goals (winning outside South Africa, in Rio), clocked 10s (everywhere) and shown us all how endearing the transition from cocky benchwarmer to graceful batsman can be. Now Now is a collage of moments tagged and bagged during the first six months of 2013, filmed in Mozambique, South Africa, Australia and Indonesia.
- Hawaiian: The Legend of Eddie Aikau
- Land of Patagones | Tierra D…
- The Salt Trail + Black Sapph…
- Innersection: Black + Se7en Signs
- The Old, the Young & the Sea…
- Ballet on Screen | Bodas De …
- Mt Zion
- Road to the Globe + Kotiro M…
- White Lies + Maumahara
- Mana Wairoa Māori Shorts
- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods
- Opera on Screen | Falstaff f…
- Life Itself
- Finding Fela!
- Family Film Sunday: Take Wing
- 2014 Sundance Film Festival …
- Metro Manila
- Ballet on Screen | Mahler’s …