The Salt Trail + Black Sapphire Sea + Under Desert Sun
Tuesday Jul 08 01:00 PM
Wednesday Jul 30 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
The Salt Trail
Directed by Mark Waters. UK. 2013. 50 mins.
Journeying through Indonesia, Bali’s hustle and bustle to the serene Mentawai islands, filmmaker Mark Waters (Uncommon Ideals), captures the joys and the pains of exploration, and the rewards that remain long after the journey is over.
Black Sapphire Sea
Directed by Andy Miller & Robin Moore. USA. 2013. 19 mins.
In the spring of 2013, three American surfers traveled to São Miguel Island, one of the nine islands of the Azores, to surf and explore. This is what they found.
Under Desert Sun
Directed by Kevin Voegtlin. USA/Angola. 2013. 21 mins
Surfers Dane Gudauskas and Kepa Acero explore culture and surfing in the heart of Angola.
- Love at First Fight • Les Co…
- 3 Hearts • 3 coeurs
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival 2015
- Opera on Screen • Le Comte O…
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival 2015
- Racing Extinction
- Speechless: A Polar Realm • …
- Shark Girl • México Pelágico
- Into the Gyre • The Plastic Age
- Our Deepest Waters • My Sal…
- Ballet on Screen • Sleeping …
- Opera on Screen • Benvenuto …