The Salt Trail + Black Sapphire Sea + Under Desert Sun
Tuesday Jul 08 01:00 PM
Wednesday Jul 30 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
The Salt Trail
Directed by Mark Waters. UK. 2013. 50 mins.
Journeying through Indonesia, Bali’s hustle and bustle to the serene Mentawai islands, filmmaker Mark Waters (Uncommon Ideals), captures the joys and the pains of exploration, and the rewards that remain long after the journey is over.
Black Sapphire Sea
Directed by Andy Miller & Robin Moore. USA. 2013. 19 mins.
In the spring of 2013, three American surfers traveled to São Miguel Island, one of the nine islands of the Azores, to surf and explore. This is what they found.
Under Desert Sun
Directed by Kevin Voegtlin. USA/Angola. 2013. 21 mins
Surfers Dane Gudauskas and Kepa Acero explore culture and surfing in the heart of Angola.
- MIND/GAME: The Unquiet Journ…
- Christmas Wedding Baby
- America Is Still the Place
- How Sweet the Sound: The Bli…
- Jimmy Goes to Nollywood
- BaddDDD Sonia Sanchez
- Romeo Is Bleeding
- The Art of Ama Ata Aidoo
- Black Panthers: Vanguard of …
- The Amazing Nina Simone
- Holding Fast the Dream: Hawa…
- Akounak Tedalat Taha Tazough…
- Taking Israel
- Stage on Screen • Showboat •…
- Once in a Lifetime • Les Héritiers
- Labyrinth of Lies
- Above and Beyond
- Sabena Hijacking – My Version
- Family Film Sunday: Belle an…