The Salt Trail + Black Sapphire Sea + Under Desert Sun
Tuesday Jul 08 01:00 PM
Wednesday Jul 30 07:30 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
The Salt Trail
Directed by Mark Waters. UK. 2013. 50 mins.
Journeying through Indonesia, Bali’s hustle and bustle to the serene Mentawai islands, filmmaker Mark Waters (Uncommon Ideals), captures the joys and the pains of exploration, and the rewards that remain long after the journey is over.
Black Sapphire Sea
Directed by Andy Miller & Robin Moore. USA. 2013. 19 mins.
In the spring of 2013, three American surfers traveled to São Miguel Island, one of the nine islands of the Azores, to surf and explore. This is what they found.
Under Desert Sun
Directed by Kevin Voegtlin. USA/Angola. 2013. 21 mins
Surfers Dane Gudauskas and Kepa Acero explore culture and surfing in the heart of Angola.
- Distance Between Dreams
- Indo Past and Present
- Adventures Beyond
- The Aloha Project + Fishpeople
- Second Souffle
- The Endless Summer
- Vertical Lines + Alternative…
- Going Surfin’
- The Battleship Island
- 2017 Sundance Film Festival …
- Marie Curie: The Courage of …
- Behind the Curtain: Todrick Hall
- Seventeen (Siebzehn)
- Handsome Devil
- Gay Shorts Showcase I
- Apricot Groves
- Summertime (L'estate Addosso)
- The Nest (O Ninho)
- Lesbian Shorts Showcase
- "Secret Movie"
- Gay Shorts Showcase II
- Heartstone (Hjartasteinn)
- I Dream in Another Language …
- God's Own Country
- Whose Streets?
- The Death & Life of Marsha P…
- A Date for Mad Mary
- When We Rise
- Family Film Sunday: Longing …
- Michelangelo: Love and Death
- Restless Creature: Wendy Whelan
- Chasing Ice
- Chasing Coral