Saturday Aug 30 01:00 PM
Saturday Aug 30 04:00 PM
Saturday Aug 30 07:30 PM
Tuesday Sep 02 07:30 PM
Wednesday Sep 03 01:00 PM
Doris Duke Theatre
Museum members: $8.00
General Admission: $10.00
About the Film:
Directed by Sean Ellis. UK/Philippines. 2013. 115 mins. Filipino with English subtitles.
The UK’s 2014 Oscar entry for best foreign language film is a taut crime thriller set in Manila. Hopeful young farmer Oscar Ramirez and his family take the bus to the megacity, leaving behind an impoverished life in the rice fields. Oscar lands a job with an armored truck company where the gregarious senior officer takes him under his wing. It appears that Oscar has made the right move, but a high mortality rate among his coworkers and some shady business dealings at work soon lead him to wonder if his family would have been better off in the sticks. Metro Manila beat out Philomena, The Selfish Giant, Starred Up and Le Week-End to take the award for British independent film of the year at the 2013 Moet British Independent Film Awards.
- Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem
- A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night
- Ballet on Screen: Don Quixot…
- Stage on Screen: Great Expec…
- Happy Birthday, Tūtū Ruth an…
- Opera on Screen: Arabella • …
- Namets! • Yummy!
- Family Film Sunday: Azur & Asmar
- Third is My First • 1st Ko si 3rd
- K'na The Dreamweaver
- That Thing Called Tadhana